Archived "Can not accept. Return coupon to guest."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you go up to the item for the coupon in question, do a % price change. I use either Missed Cartwheel or Guest Price Challenge as my reasons for the adjustment.
i know but you have to go one by one. at my store we're supposed to do missed cartwheel as the reason

Dont do Guest Challenge please. Those go to the price audit that we have to do.
Wait actually? That's good to know. Do you guys actually look into it? I.e. If there's an old sign up and we have to change the price for a guest if we do price challenge will you guys actually look and make sure the sign is right?

Last edited:
Yes. But if it is actually a price challenge, key it that way. i.e. guest says there is a sign. Then, we can check the floor for that sign.

Yes. But if it is actually a price challenge, key it that way. i.e. guest says there is a sign. Then, we can check the floor for that sign.
We don't have a way of doing that. We only have preset K buttons to press, only like four options I think price challenge, missed Cartwheel, ad sub and one other.

Yes, we look into price overrides twice a day. Missed Cartwheel and ad sub don't send us to look, because there is no need to.

Yes, we look into price overrides twice a day. Missed Cartwheel and ad sub don't send us to look, because there is no need to.
cool, that's good to know. i wish there was an option for "signed wrong", because we're forced to use GPC for even "i'm sure the guest is wrong but I really don't feel like getting into it for 30 cents"

Well depending how we like the person doing PCV.. There are days every things GPC.. Everything..
Pcv hasn't been done at my store in months. I asked once because I noticed it was always sitting in there. Was told it wasn't a priority anymore.

If that big red screen comes up, we don't accept it. Unless it came off the item--then we make it right.

If it allows us to override, and it's the correct item, we do it.

I've had to turn down a series of coupons from Mattel because it had the old style barcode. Been working the Service Desk for years now and that's the only coupon with that barcode I've seen in a really long time. Our last few DTLs and STLs have been cracking down on coupon fraud so if it doesn't scan we won't accept it unless you can clearly see it is for that product, but someone at least GSA level has to approve it. Expired coupons, when they are attached to products in store, we will accept as long as it's for that specific item.

I don't know if it's fixed but our store had a big problem with the coupons attached to merchandise. It happened to multiple guests. When I asked GS, I was told it was a software issue. We don't override a refusal, and it was a bit difficult explaining the reason for the refusal to the guests who had a legitimate beef about a manufacturer's coupon matching the item being refused.

I don't know if it's fixed but our store had a big problem with the coupons attached to merchandise. It happened to multiple guests. When I asked GS, I was told it was a software issue. We don't override a refusal, and it was a bit difficult explaining the reason for the refusal to the guests who had a legitimate beef about a manufacturer's coupon matching the item being refused.
I would just run it as a Target coupon and the off the amount of the coupon. If it was one 50 cent coupon I would just do it.

I would just run it as a Target coupon and the off the amount of the coupon. If it was one 50 cent coupon I would just do it.

We were told to *always* give the coupon back to the guests. No overrides period.

I would love to know if we are getting reimbursed for the ones that we override.

We were told to *always* give the coupon back to the guests. No overrides period.
I look at it this way, if it is a legit coupon I will do the override. I don't think pissing off a guest for 50 cents is a big issue compared to the price adjustments we have to make (within 20 dollars) and the fraud returns we are to accept. Just putting things into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back