1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

"Can not accept. Return coupon to guest."

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by BullseyeBabe, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:58 PM.

Tags:
  1. desertcoyote

desertcoyote Active Member

I've had to turn down a series of coupons from Mattel because it had the old style barcode. Been working the Service Desk for years now and that's the only coupon with that barcode I've seen in a really long time. Our last few DTLs and STLs have been cracking down on coupon fraud so if it doesn't scan we won't accept it unless you can clearly see it is for that product, but someone at least GSA level has to approve it. Expired coupons, when they are attached to products in store, we will accept as long as it's for that specific item.

2. Jenna120

Jenna120 Active Member

I don't know if it's fixed but our store had a big problem with the coupons attached to merchandise. It happened to multiple guests. When I asked GS, I was told it was a software issue. We don't override a refusal, and it was a bit difficult explaining the reason for the refusal to the guests who had a legitimate beef about a manufacturer's coupon matching the item being refused.

BoxCutter likes this.
  3. Frontlanegirl

Frontlanegirl Active Member

I would just run it as a Target coupon and the off the amount of the coupon. If it was one 50 cent coupon I would just do it.

4. Jenna120

Jenna120 Active Member

We were told to *always* give the coupon back to the guests. No overrides period.

5. OP
    OP
    BullseyeBabe

BullseyeBabe GSTL

I would love to know if we are getting reimbursed for the ones that we override.

6. Anelmi

Anelmi Active Member

See but that just makes angry guests. Target is so dumb sometimes

7. Frontlanegirl

I look at it this way, if it is a legit coupon I will do the override. I don't think pissing off a guest for 50 cents is a big issue compared to the price adjustments we have to make (within 20 dollars) and the fraud returns we are to accept. Just putting things into perspective.

BoxCutter likes this.
  8. Frontlanegirl

And we were told no overrides for returns and that still happens when you have a guest who complains.

9. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service, Cashier, SCO, Photo

we do not, that's why some stores are strict

10. OP
    OP
    BullseyeBabe

BullseyeBabe GSTL

Would you share your source for that info?