Archived Can someone please explain why it's called "compliance?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take your lunch break late (or don't take one at all) you can be written up for "compliance."

This doesn't make any sense to me, as "compliance" as in "to comply" means to observe, obey, adhere to, follow, respect. Don't you want to comply with company policies? If you get written up for "compliance" isn't Target technically saying "You're being written up for following the rules?"

It's stupid, just like "status" and many other Target specific words.

It's really NON-COMPLIANCE.

They like to say "Ferdinand! You're going into compliance! Clock out!"

In reality, they are going OUT of compliance.

wurdz... how DO they work???

It's stupid, just like "status" and many other Target specific words.

It's really NON-COMPLIANCE.

"Status?"

I'm new, so I'm still learning Target-lingo.

(I also cringe whenever I hear someone say "Remember to work brand." Nobody actually defined it for us, so I thought it was something specific to displays for Target brands (like changing clothes on mannequins wearing Cat and Jack or Goodfellow). It just sounds so awkward. I didn't know at first that they were just saying to have common sense and decency and keep your work area clean and safe.)

It means a private conversation.

Brand means "Look like Target."

My son has a rare epilepsy syndrome. Status is a very serious, potentially life ending situation. Whenever I hear that they are in status, my heart stops for a very brief moment.

The correct way to say it is “you’re about to go out of compliance” or “you’re about to hit compliance”

As in you’re about to be out of compliance with state law

Never heard it said the first way, and the second way is still wrong.

Hitting compliance means that you're compliant... a good thing.

It's a hit when your non-compliant.

Why's it called zoning instead of facing?

The correct way to say it is “you’re about to go out of compliance” or “you’re about to hit compliance”

As in you’re about to be out of compliance with state law
Except most states don't have break laws- including mine- so I'm not even sure why the whole thing is such a big deal.

Unless Target is afraid that if they aren't super strict about breaks that we'll get the big bad unions to represent us haha.

Of course that's what they mean.

So why don't they just say that?

Everyone has HIPPA privacy rights between doctor and yourself, then while sitting in hospitals or doctor office waiting rooms, doctors come out and publicly talk to family about the patient and conditions in front of the general public.

WORDS-FEATURED-IMAGE.jpg

Facing is pulling product to fill the front spaces. Zoning is actually ensuring that it's also in the right place while facing the shelf.

Pretty sure it's just Target being different.

No problem. I should have figured you were front end when you didn't know anything about the salesfloor. Good effort! :)

*questions terminology*

response: "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!!!!"
l3ol6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back