Archived Can you get in trouble for refusing to be the middle man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything in the team member handbook about?

Recently two of our srtls have been telling us BRTM to tell SFS tms to do other things

Like, they would be picking, and were are told when they come back, tell them to push clearance to certain endcaps

But I get paid the same as them and I'm just a grunt so I don't really want to keep track of anyone or tell anyone to do anything. What would you do?

If your team lead is there ask the SR to talk to your TL and clear it with them since you were given other direction. You don't want to appear to be ignoring your TL's direction. If they are not there, "I can help with your clearance but I will have to break off and pull SFS orders as they come in."

If it's literally just, "hey Ed, now that you are back from lunch, Mary wants you to push clearance," I would go ahead and do that. You aren't really being asked to keep track of Ed, just to relay a message.

Like above if its just a message just pass it on they dont perform like a good monkey not your problem. My lazy ass tls and etl do the same to me on a daily becauze of how long ive been aroun and my team looks to me for non idiot directions. Its funny when seasonals snub me due to me being a grunt like them and get talked to for not doing what was asked. Not your monkey not your circus just be a good little clown like the rest of us bananas.

My concern is the "he said, she said" aspect of it - if Mary asks me to tell Bob to take hangers to the back room, but Bob blows me off and tells Mary I never said anything when he's confronted, then Mary is gonna come back mad at me because Bob lied.

My concern is the "he said, she said" aspect of it - if Mary asks me to tell Bob to take hangers to the back room, but Bob blows me off and tells Mary I never said anything when he's confronted, then Mary is gonna come back mad at me because Bob lied.

At which point you start getting on the walkie as soon as you tell the TM and confirm with whoever told you to tell Bob that you did tell Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back