Archived Cant believe no-one said anything about this on here yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with Target Mobile has not been great. Some stole, others were careless and left phones unattended and were upset when we didn't apprehend the thieves. One got into a yelling match with a guest (multiple times) until she was transfered by their supervisor. We had 2 that were break dancing on the salesfloor and angered some guests over it. Some do occasionally help guests, but most of the time I just see them leaning on their work area as they complain to Elec TMs about not meeting their goals. Can't say I'll miss them.

preach.
oh tell me how hard your job is when you dont have to anything but play bejeweled on your iphone.

Ha! Our first guy was fired for stealing phones. Our second one was also fired for something. We get all the douchebags.

My store's last two Target Mobile TLs (working for 2+ years at Target has rendered me unable to use the M-word in a non-baseball context) were fired for stealing and sexual harassment. Which is too bad because they really knew their stuff and were [Target Mobile's version of FFF]; in fact, one of them helped me pick out the phone I have now. The guy we have now is a total douchenozzle.

Our Target Mobile rep was phenomenal. He helped out Electronics as much as he was able to. The main issue we had was that guests would interpret the mobile rep not being able to ring people up or unlock games as bad guest service and our gs scores would often fluctuate. I figured something like this was happening ever since the same guy Im talking about quit after hearing they were cutting commission 30% and removing some benefits.

Seems like reactions to Target Mobile are kind of mixed. We had one stretch where we had some outstanding Target Mobile TMs, but they left because their company was treating them like garbage and they couldn't take it anymore. Every other rep we've had has been disrepectful towards guests, contribute nothing to the electronics department no matter how much we discuss the "issue" with them, and every attempt to escalate it to their DM has been met with resistance. They have a hard time hiring decent managers (because the starting pay is equivalent to what a regular sales associate would make at any other cellular sales job), and they often settle for the first person that shows up to an interview.

Not surprising they lose quite a bit of business at our store because they don't come in till noon. Actually I'd go as far as to say that besides holiday time they lose more customers due to coming in so late than they have the entire rest of the day. Most of the TMs there are fun to work with though and provide great guest service so it would be a shame to lose them.

Last edited:
I've been in a former Greatland where the Mobile guys were two aisles separated from the electronics boat... Thought that was pretty stupid.

I've been in a former Greatland where the Mobile guys were two aisles separated from the electronics boat... Thought that was pretty stupid.

That would be pretty weird. So they're just there hiding past the video games? LOL, I think that would probably make them appear even shadier. "Psst, hey! Want a phone? I got your phones riiiight here!"

So basically, we're still gonna have Target Mobile, but with a different vendor.

Wait so the article said 2 vendors will be taking the place of them to sell phones... do you think they will be incorporating Target Mobile's staff as their own? It would make sense... not much training needed, they are already familiar with Target, etc. I sure hope so cause my good friend works at a nearby store as an associate, and she is on her way up to the manager position. I'd hate to see everyone that has Mobile lose their jobs.

Wait so the article said 2 vendors will be taking the place of them to sell phones... do you think they will be incorporating Target Mobile's staff as their own? It would make sense... not much training needed, they are already familiar with Target, etc. I sure hope so cause my good friend works at a nearby store as an associate, and she is on her way up to the manager position. I'd hate to see everyone that has Mobile lose their jobs.
They will be given the chance to go to Radio Shack stores I think. Spot may keep them if they want to stay.

The Target mobile people at our store are really troublesome at times, they spend a lot of time chatting with the electronics team and helping them to loaf essentially. Had to talk to the electronics TMs the other day when I walked by electronics and saw the radioshack TM showing a video to the two electronics TMs on his cellphone -_-

The Target mobile people at our store are really troublesome at times, they spend a lot of time chatting with the electronics team and helping them to loaf essentially. Had to talk to the electronics TMs the other day when I walked by electronics and saw the radioshack TM showing a video to the two electronics TMs on his cellphone -_-

Yup. Sounds like some of the Target Mobile tms at my store. Some of them will be missed, others not so much.

Looks like they will officially be offered a position at BrightStar, so nothing changing here. Same people, same jobs, same phones, same "Target Mobile" brand, different employer. Sounds good to me.

The TMobile guys at my store are really nice and help out a lot. I know my location was a profitable one just for the T-Mobile line as there aren't any other T-Mobile stores in the area. The Tmobile guys aren't too enthusiastic about the new company though as their commissions will be lower without an hourly wage bump so not really in their favor to leave Radio Shack if they don't have to.

I think the whole Target Mobile idea would've worked better if Spot gave more than half a gondola to them. The guests don't have anywhere to sit while their phones are getting activated and I think having live demos would also boost sales there. Radio Shack definitely got the shaft in the floor space aspect of the current deal.

A really good fix would be for the stores that got IGS to turn the old guest service into the mobile center. Lots of space and the photo lab is right there too funnel guests that direction.

My Mobile manager said he is getting a $.60 raise to stay with the company, along with everyone else. He didn't know about regular TMs though. But he sounded pretty happy about the whole thing.

IMO, just give them prepaid phones too. They require activation labor and everything, and no one in electronics likes selling them and trying to remember all the differences. After all, they are essentially free labor for Target. They still help out all the guests that come through.

My Mobile manager said he is getting a $.60 raise to stay with the company, along with everyone else. He didn't know about regular TMs though. But he sounded pretty happy about the whole thing.

IMO, just give them prepaid phones too. They require activation labor and everything, and no one in electronics likes selling them and trying to remember all the differences. After all, they are essentially free labor for Target. They still help out all the guests that come through.

The regular mobile guys are getting $.50 and it is 2 different vendors running it. One handles the employees and one handles the inventory. Both are larger so it sounds like it will be better for them and for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back