Archived Capacities nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been horrible everywhere. I could easily have a 40hr/week job just going around and fixing the capacities and on floor count every time pogs and revisions get done. I really wish I had the time to fix them when doing the aisle but it’s so hard to squeeze that in. When everyone overstocks is it really going to make a difference anyway?

They have been horrible everywhere. I could easily have a 40hr/week job just going around and fixing the capacities and on floor count every time pogs and revisions get done. I really wish I had the time to fix them when doing the aisle but it’s so hard to squeeze that in. When everyone overstocks is it really going to make a difference anyway?

*mutters in flex fill* yes, yes it is.Just give it a couple of months.

This makes me really glad we’re doing a full remodel right now. Let’s start from scratch, and things will be the way they should be for a brief period of time before they go crazy again lol.

But some of the new planograms and layouts make it harder to overpush, so that’s good.

This makes me really glad we’re doing a full remodel right now. Let’s start from scratch, and things will be the way they should be for a brief period of time before they go crazy again lol.

But some of the new planograms and layouts make it harder to overpush, so that’s good.

Never underestimate the power of human ingenuity!

I would so love to add a batch change capacity to myWork, either change capacity of every item in a pog (like changing phone cases to 3, if you use security cases that don't fit the normal 5 or so by default) and/or select the pog, and the capacity you want to change to, and just scan all the items you want to change.

I would so love to add a batch change capacity to myWork, either change capacity of every item in a pog (like changing phone cases to 3, if you use security cases that don't fit the normal 5 or so by default) and/or select the pog, and the capacity you want to change to, and just scan all the items you want to change.

I can't wait for someone other than me does revisions. Then I can cry about the person didn't go back and change the capacity of EVERY dpci in the revision like they expect me to do. Modernization will fix all that!!

What I don't get is when capacities are limited corporate wide and they are wrong. We are told NOT to have more than two per size on the denim wall. So why the hell is the capacity 3? This means when I follow directive and backstock the extra, the dang system spits them out again. Are we ever going to be able to change capacities again?

POG never changes the capacities at my store. Since I’ve been pushing so much truck I just stay under EXF and change the capacity of everything I push, it only adds a few seconds per dpci. You can never get them all though.

POG never changes the capacities at my store. Since I’ve been pushing so much truck I just stay under EXF and change the capacity of everything I push, it only adds a few seconds per dpci. You can never get them all though.

For example, I did the writing pog. There are about 275 dpcis. Can you imagine changing even 1/3 of those? Now get a revision for that aisle where only 13% of the changes but resets each dpci. Who has time for that?

Slick move Target. The capacities in the writing aisle are way off. But no fear, we aren't able to change most of them. So it's set, pull, backstock, and move on. Good luck fitting 55 packs of pencils there for the next 6 months.
You can change capacity under EXF

My direction from my tl was to use the audit app to do it. I'm not saying you are wrong, but that is my direction.

No you use audit to adjust your inventory counts, EXF fixes your problem. Your TL may be misinformed

You may be right. But then why does there seem to be a way to change it on the audit app? It doesn't matter, tbh, since I was told to not worry about changing them anymore anyway. Again, I don't ask why, I just do.

I don't know about you guys but the audit ap is not allowing our store to change capacities. How is it done under EXF? I'm not familiar with that side of things but I'd like to fix things so the backroom stops spitting out autofills of stuff we don't need on the floor. It just makes more work for everyone. -_-

I don't know about you guys but the audit ap is not allowing our store to change capacities. How is it done under EXF? I'm not familiar with that side of things but I'd like to fix things so the backroom stops spitting out autofills of stuff we don't need on the floor. It just makes more work for everyone. -_-
After you've pulled up the item in myWork, click on EXF. The on floor and capacity numbers will be blue. Click on each one to edit it. That easy. I recently learned after my zebra said 14 of a item fit when it was actually less than 5

No you use audit to adjust your inventory counts, EXF fixes your problem. Your TL may be misinformed
You should adjust capacities in audit. In order for it to register you need to also update the quantity of the item. In other words - update capacity of the item THEN update quantity in location.

The reason audit should be used is in addition to changing the inventory and capacity, you also get a manual audit scan which shows on a report.

I can't wait for someone other than me does revisions. Then I can cry about the person didn't go back and change the capacity of EVERY dpci in the revision like they expect me to do. Modernization will fix all that!!
Hey now, they want my store to also change every single SFQ as they push.

"Are you pushing under EXF????"

Every time I hear that "Bong!" or "DO-DO-DO!" sound it makes me want to yeet myself into the baler.

What we did at my store was scan through everything with exf to change capacities. Then scanned through with audit to fix on floor counts. Seemed to work well.

Everything? Come on. Everything? Every peg? Every dpci? Every size of bra? Every vitamin? Every size of shoe?

And I suppose you rescan every dpci after every new revision and pog?

You should adjust capacities in audit. In order for it to register you need to also update the quantity of the item. In other words - update capacity of the item THEN update quantity in location.

The reason audit should be used is in addition to changing the inventory and capacity, you also get a manual audit scan which shows on a report.
You have to finish pushing AND finish backstocking before you audit and update capacities or you cause another never ending loop of too much product coming out.

Let’s say you super zone a section, and pull out the overpush, and then you scan the item and tell it how many fit, then type in that amount that you’ve left in there so it’s full, and THEN you go and do the backstock of the overpush... then the system thinks “oh, it was full to capacity but then someone backstocked 6 of them, so we better have 6 come out in the next autofills so it’ll be full again”.

You have to finish pushing AND finish backstocking before you audit and update capacities or you cause another never ending loop of too much product coming out.

Let’s say you super zone a section, and pull out the overpush, and then you scan the item and tell it how many fit, then type in that amount that you’ve left in there so it’s full, and THEN you go and do the backstock of the overpush... then the system thinks “oh, it was full to capacity but then someone backstocked 6 of them, so we better have 6 come out in the next autofills so it’ll be full again”.

Well, per my tl, who is my boss, we aren't supposed to even change them anymore. If it comes up that we change that directive, I'll search for the truth somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back