Archived Card Look-up Returns for Items that Obviously had a Coupon used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had a guest come up to the Guest Service and insist on doing a card look up return for items that you know are regularly coupon-ed?

I had a guest do that today and we took extra steps to make sure that she got the value she paid for it instead of the MSRP of the item. (This guest is a frequent flier at Guest Service) When we did the Receipt lookup, we noticed that every item on the transaction had a coupon applied (if not a Manufacturer and a Target). Also, a lot of the coupons looked like GSTL override coupons or Unmatched (K1 accept anyway) coupons.

What have you done to take care of situations like this?

Has anyone had a guest come up to the Guest Service and insist on doing a card look up return for items that you know are regularly coupon-ed?

I had a guest do that today and we took extra steps to make sure that she got the value she paid for it instead of the MSRP of the item. (This guest is a frequent flier at Guest Service) When we did the Receipt lookup, we noticed that every item on the transaction had a coupon applied (if not a Manufacturer and a Target). Also, a lot of the coupons looked like GSTL override coupons or Unmatched (K1 accept anyway) coupons.

What have you done to take care of situations like this?

Let AP know

Let AP know

Note date, time, register and a amount if you can remember it. And we do exactly what you did, check, double check what you can and try to give them back only what they should get.

There are a couple of these frequent fliers that I will straight up boot out, find the receipt, not taking back those sonicare toothbrushes without it..

a lot of the coupons looked like GSTL override coupons or Unmatched (K1 accept anyway) coupons.
Def notify AP.
Sounds like someone might've been doing a favor for a buddy.
Even if it were ETL-sanctioned, someone's giving the store away.

I love having the policies posted all around Guest services like on the wall, that line at the end of the huge one let's us deny any return without a receipt, or if it's used or open. I really need to start pointing at these more often because I'm getting sick of getting yelled at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back