Career Choices Other Than the Bullseye

buliSBI

Former Team Member
Starting a career thread to get fellow TMs thinking of other career opportunities.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • I graduated college in Video Production/Digital Animation.
  • Went back for a semester for an internship in video production - State Trooper training facility - AWESOME EXPERIENCE!!!
  • Worked Bullseye and a 4am-130pm shift at a TV station. I slept may be 4-5 hours during the week.
  • I dropped from the Bulleye to work at a state forensic lab in video/computer forensics
  • I now work as an IT Security/Forensics analyst for a manufacturing company in telecommunications/data centers.

I got my bachalors degree in radio/television and my masters in management. Recent graduate but still applying for jobs in a wide variety of fields I've had a couple offers that I turned down for various reasons. Although it would have been nice working full time already, I'm sure I would have regretted jumping at the first offer I got.

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
When people ask what I do for a living, I tell them "arts and crafts and breaking shit". The more mundane description would be quality control and failure analysis in the packaging industry. I test a variety of consumer packaging (boxes, bags, bottles, strapping, films) and sometimes products (cups, flatware, gummy bears) to either ensure that they are made to specification or to try and find out why they didn't hold up as expected.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
Zero college experience.
Closing Team Leader at Subway.
$12.50/hr working at Target.

Up to $75/hr doing car details.

I'm possibly going to college for business management but I think I want to switch to a STEM degree if it would be online. I wouldn't mind the classroom environment either though in this case.

English degree
Education field -- not a teacher though so...not great pay but lots of flexibility and a 9 month schedule. Definitely pros and cons to this choice. At the moment the lack of pay is killing the perk of flexibility. :(

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Sell pictures of your feet.

I want a desk job so bad like literally doing anything (except like telemarketing) but I really don’t want to go to school lol

NKG

Trouble is a friend of mine....
Drug dealer. E2e has you prepared for how to move your stash quickly

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I've a degree in Education and Education for the Hearing Impaired. The teaching aspect didn't work.
Having recently been fired, I've had time to do some work in getting on the right track for a happier future.

I love animals. I've contacted a local vet clinic to see if I can volunteer. The clinic doesn't take volunteers, but I've clearly explained that I want to know more about being a veterinary assistant to see if this is the direction that I want to go. The clinic I'm going to be at is the one where I take my pets and they've seen how I've worked with my pets so they are familiar with me.
This Summer the clinic will be opening a new building and they will be needing new people....So, if I am lucky I may be able to get hired....as a receptionist or vet assistant.

I never would be considering this option if I was still at Target.....so this might be a great outcome.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
Ideas: list some things that you might like to do....and see if there is a way to move towards the things you like to do and perhaps you'll get moving towards another job.
For working with animals....I could be a vet assistant, study to be a vet tech., work at a grooming place, try an animal "day care," be a taxi driver for pets (take to grooming.....)
I've been fortunate to be able to take the time to try to get my life to go in a better and healthier direction.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I live in a town in North Carolina that hosts the state deaf school. If your ever want to get back into it.