COVID-19 Cart attendant Coronavirus Risk

Whats up people. Since college is cancelled I have a ton of free time now sitting at home. I'm contemplating whether I should give Target a call and come off my LOA. However, I'm worried about getting the coronavirus. I'm a cart attendant, so I'm always touching surfaces which make this a pretty dangerous job. Since I haven't been working since the Holiday season, what measures has Target taken to protect team members. And if cart attendant is too big of a risk, I could ask them to move me. Which positions in the store have the least chances of contracting the virus

Wear gloves. Don't touch anything with your bare hands that you have touched with your gloves, unless you disinfect it first. Wear a mask indoors. Shower when you get home.

Considering how many guest themselves wipe down the handles, seems like a small issue. Gloves of course work well.

i took LOA from my store due to this virus, im the front of store attendant. but i have asthma and couldnt risk getting this virus

They’re responsible for trash and restrooms. I’d say there’s more risk involved (though I also agree we’re all at risk). They also have to clean up many of those biohazardous spills most of us can’t touch.

I think @Ringwraith917 gave some solid advice. Good luck with whatever you decide. (It’s also possible they’d let you take some of those cleaning shifts.)

i took LOA from my store due to this virus, im the front of store attendant. but i have asthma and couldnt risk getting this virus
How did you go about doing this? Did you need a doctors note? This is peak season for my asthma and I’m worried

Talk to your HR first. Get a Dr note. Call leave and benefits to see if you qualify for paid 30 day leave. If not, you can take personal (unpaid) leave. 1800 828 5850

How did you go about doing this? Did you need a doctors note? This is peak season for my asthma and I’m worried
yeah i just called into my HR, expressed my concerns and they allowed me to go on a 30 day LOA, wouldnt allow paid LOA but i will be giving leave and benefits a call and see if theres anything they can do. i can get a note from my doctor easy

yeah i just called into my HR, expressed my concerns and they allowed me to go on a 30 day LOA, wouldnt allow paid LOA but i will be giving leave and benefits a call and see if theres anything they can do. i can get a note from my doctor easy
That’s weird they won’t pay you because the paid leave is for anyone who is 65 and older, pregnant, or has underlying health conditions that make you more susceptible and asthma is one of them

I am a high risk team member and reluctantly took the LOA. As far as cart attendant goes, and I pushed carts, even now as I am lead, you need to be extra careful cleaning up human extractions. Do all you can to be safe. I would wear gloves, yet that really doesn't work out well because you need your hands to pull and push carts. My advice, as I have advised my team, if you feel uncomfortable, if you feel doing whatever task is at hand will compromise your health and safety, don't do it. Call a TL and if necessary, call an ETL. Just remember that they might be more apt to think of our guests more than they will consider you and your safety. Your safety is more important.

Back