I'm Lost! Cart Attendent Trouble

Hello,

I worked for target for 9 months as cart attendent. I love my jobs, my friends, I respect my coworker, and my manager. I am writing this post because I am concern about my position. Today I was using the machine to push the carts. And I happen to accident hit a car denting it on the side. I dont know what's gonna happen with the situation I just want to know what is the worst outcome. Today was a busy day with all the cars driving by fast in the parking lot I thats to stop the machine many time and that's when the carts deattached and I happen to push the button and the deattached carts happens to ram into a guest car. What should I do? What is the policy on that? My HR wrote a incident report and she will follow up with me. Is the situation bad for me?

Hello,

I worked for target for 9 months as cart attendent. I love my jobs, my friends, I respect my coworker, and my manager. I am writing this post because I am concern about my position. Today I was using the machine to push the carts. And I happen to accident hit a car denting it on the side. I dont know what's gonna happen with the situation I just want to know what is the worst outcome. Today was a busy day with all the cars driving by fast in the parking lot I thats to stop the machine many time and that's when the carts deattached and I happen to push the button and the deattached carts happens to ram into a guest car. What should I do? What is the policy on that? My HR wrote a incident report and she will follow up with me. Is the situation bad for me?
You will get written up but I doubt you will be fired.

I am trained it just there were lots of car in front of me that were stopping and the carts just happen to disconnect which then I was pressing the button at the time.
We had a guy at our store that was putting water up front with the wave and he tore up an 8 feet by for 4 area of carpet. Instead of stopping when it first started tearing he kept going trying to get the carpet out of the wheels. It was right in the entrance way. He got wrote up and so did PMT.
I think you actually are looking pretty good. Yes you had an accident but your character is shining because of your honesty. A lot of people would not have admitted to pushing the button and taken the fault

When I was a cart attendant, I was out there with another guy and he accidentally scraped all along a car's passenger side with the cart pusher. The guy just happened to be walking out and saw it happen. What they did then was write up an incident report or something, they basically said "Never ever do that AGAIN." and then he got written up.

not sure if Target had to pay any damages or not.

Carts should never become detached that’s the whole point of the strap that secures them to the pusher that no store uses 🤦‍♂️ I would talk to my HR about the lack of proper mandatory equipment to secure those carts. Unless of course you’re the one store that has and uses them.

We had a guy at our store that was putting water up front with the wave and he tore up an 8 feet by for 4 area of carpet. Instead of stopping when it first started tearing he kept going trying to get the carpet out of the wheels. It was right in the entrance way. He got wrote up and so did PMT.
I think you actually are looking pretty good. Yes you had an accident but your character is shining because of your honesty. A lot of people would not have admitted to pushing the button and taken the fault
Thanks for making me feel better. I am still down onwhat's gonna happen. I turn the carts many time in that corner. I know with this cornea virus people rushing out of parking cars just ja.ming other cars. And it wasnt like I do it on purpose I hope my HR see it that way and my boss

You will get written up but I doubt you will be fired.
I hope you are right and that what keeps popping into my head. The thing is I did accident hit a customer only that it's on me because even though the customer was just standing there and on the phone and then called me an ass***because she was pregnant complain to my manager even though I apologized.i dont even know if they are gonna let this one go

Maybe have a discussion with your STL, they know about it, back it up with a personal visit. He/she will understand and you should be fine. When you retrieve from the lot just slow down a little, be aware of your surroundings 360 degrees and take fewer carts per trips.

Hello,

How did this blow over cus if you even got writen up for it i wanna fight for you because you never actually did anything wrong you actually did what you were supposed to do. You stopped for all of the car that you cant control and you can't control the carts on the machine and make sure they dont detach that isn't something you can do. As well as technically you are a pedestrian and you AND the machine have the right away and those cars should have stopped for you but they didn't so what did they want you to do keep going anyway? This makes me mad to even think of the possibility of you getting written up when you did nothing wrong at all.

Driving the cart pusher into a guests car is definitely not "nothing wrong". It pushes them, but it is the cart attendants responsibility to direct it and keep their hands on the carts at the front of the line.

Back