Archived Cartwheel help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a huge promoter of cartwheel and have used it for guests, apparently it is against some policy. Anyone know anything about it?

It is not against target policy to use your cartwheel for guests. I don't carry my phone on me but if I have a my device I sign in. I have seen my STL use her phone. I will take a quests phone and show them how to download and explain the basics. If you are in a state that is piloting red perks then I would not use my phone, because, as I understand it, you can earn food drinks and sales.

I am a huge promoter of cartwheel and have used it for guests, apparently it is against some policy. Anyone know anything about it?
It's a gray area at my storeto be honest. I'm all for showing them how it works and everything, BUT we did term a cashier who was using it as a way to get the Guest to sign up for a RedCard.

It is not against target policy to use your cartwheel for guests. I don't carry my phone on me but if I have a my device I sign in. I have seen my STL use her phone. I will take a quests phone and show them how to download and explain the basics. If you are in a state that is piloting red perks then I would not use my phone, because, as I understand it, you can earn food drinks and sales.
Touching a guest's phone is a big no-no. Talk them through, point to screen, but no touching unless you are target tech.

Touching a guest's phone is a big no-no. Talk them through, point to screen, but no touching unless you are target tech.

Really. I never heard that. Many times I will ask a quest if I can use their phone to usually show them it is an online item or what store carries the item. Thanks for the info. I will check into this further

My store encourages us to use out phone to show a guest and/or if they forgot their phone/their phone dies to help them save. I believe it is now a metric we can check to see how well a stores guest uses it and what not...

technically speaking, in the Cartwheel terms it states that it cannot be transferred - so no, you're not really allowed to share your barcode with a guest (or anyone else). in practice? yeah, I do it all the time, though never without tagging it with an explanation so they can use it themselves later. and if someone is a habitual Cartwheel borrower, if I see them come up asking again, I'll tell them I hit my daily limit for using my barcode or something like that, until they take the hint and give in and do it themselves.

Really. I never heard that. Many times I will ask a quest if I can use their phone to usually show them it is an online item or what store carries the item. Thanks for the info. I will check into this further
I don't know if it's an official rule, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for accidentally dropping and breaking a guest's $800 phone.

I don't know if it's an official rule, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for accidentally dropping and breaking a guest's $800 phone.
It's not really an official rule iirc, but at my store we def don't touch phones anymore

One time a TL was helping a guest transfer images from her phone to an SD card (hundreds of images from her vacation in england) and he accidentally deleted them all. It's quite a stretch from touching a guest's phone to help w/ cartwheel but fuck no am I touching a phone after a horror story like that.

There's no way I would use my personal phone to save Target the expense of providing equipment to run their stores properly. That's up there with working through breaks to meet Target's unreasonable time goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back