Archived Cartwheel in Target App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or has cartwheel gone downhill since it was integrated into the Target app? I feel like the quantity and quality of deals is worse.

I've thought it's been horrible, and almost not worth using.

Is it just me, or has cartwheel gone downhill since it was integrated into the Target app? I feel like the quantity and quality of deals is worse.

I've thought it's been horrible, and almost not worth using.
Honestly haven’t noticed a difference. Tbh I miss the standalone cartwheel app since I liked having it standalone but Target wallet makes up for that.

Went shopping today for Christmas throughout a AA+ Super. Two full carts (good mix of products), only 3 deals total (2 were coupons), and no "similar offers" for the products not on there.

I've heard the complaints from a number of guests too.

I don’t know, I still think they have good deals. Like the outerwear 50% off yesterday! Bought some C9 stuff 50% off, plus 20% team member appreciation, plus my 20% off coupon from Black Friday, team member discount and red card discount. Cheapest I’ve ever gotten that stuff.

Look at the 30% off deals coming this weekend starting in a few hours

I liked the 20% off women’s apparel. Pretty good deal imo

It seems like right now they are focusing more on the big deals that are being highly advertised. I bet it will go back to normal in January.

This, I remember when it uses to be name brand food products would drop on cartwheel. I always looked forward to that. Now it's about spending in seasonal, or buying a bunch of stuff in home, or bogo pants etc. Definitely geared towards holiday shoppers spending a lot of cash.

Seems the total offers have really gone down too. Shows 575 total right now...6 months ago I don't remember seeing it below 800 except on rare occasions. Each day there would be at least 10-15 new offers added (except Fridays) and now it's less than 5 most days.

There are some good deals still...but seems to be few and far between now. Or maybe I just have everything I need already. LOL

Can someone explain why guests scan items with the app and get one price but when I scan them I get another price? I make sure we both have my store as the chosen store. I have them back all the way out and scan in front of me so it's not a screenshot or anything like that.

One more thing, have any of you had guests that find one price for something when they look up items at home but find the price changes when they come into the store?
Same item.
Same store.
Same phone and app.
Same day.
One price at home.
A different (higher) price in the store.
It's the weirdest thing.

When the guest is in the store the app sometimes shows the in store price.

Do not use anything other than the official price match app.

Can someone explain why guests scan items with the app and get one price but when I scan them I get another price? I make sure we both have my store as the chosen store. I have them back all the way out and scan in front of me so it's not a screenshot or anything like that.

One more thing, have any of you had guests that find one price for something when they look up items at home but find the price changes when they come into the store?
Same item.
Same store.
Same phone and app.
Same day.
One price at home.
A different (higher) price in the store.
It's the weirdest thing.
Yes. Had it out with target.com over my mixer attachment price. Showed cheaper online so tried to use opu, price went up in cart. Answer was sorry, too bad. Price oops. Bullshit price fudging.

Did the same thing with me. Went to GS, had them scan it in the Price Match app, and I got it for the online price.

I thought we were told we would price match the Target app if a guest showed it to us, but I've never had to put it into practice so I didn't pay much attention.

I thought we were told we would price match the Target app if a guest showed it to us, but I've never had to put it into practice so I didn't pay much attention.
no. FAR to easy to screenshot or otherwise manipulate. you should NEVER EVER take a price from a guest device. in absolute worst case if your store allows it you can use your own phone but never use a guests

Cashiers can. Best practice.
at my store all matches have to be done at guest service no exceptions. doesn't matter if it's 50 cents or 50 dollars.

if cashiers do they should use zebra or their own phone. they'll get scammed time and time again if they use guests device

I never really used Cartwheel before it was combined with the Target app, but guests complain about the change on a daily basis.

In some ways, it makes sense to have online prices a little lower than in-store, as it does cost money to deliver products to store and run the store and all of that vs. shelving it in a warehouse and then charging to send it to you, but the implementation seems really inconsistent at Target. I'm a Lush fan, and they definitely have lower prices on things online vs. in-store, but shipping usually more than makes up the difference. Most of the time prices in the Target app/website are the same, but I had one guest looking at different shredders and the one she wanted was, like, $8 less online than in-store, which was weird.

This was before I knew that we'd price match from target.com in-store. We weren't really told anything about price matching when I started, so I assumed price matching was the same as in the old days of retail when you could only price match print ads for retailers matching some stupidly specific criteria that was utterly opaque and apparently involved arcane criteria like astrological portents or some shit because I don't think I ever saw a customer successfully get a price match back then.

You mean we price match Amazon? Whaaaa!?!?

Price matching to Amazon definitely does involve arcane criteria like astrological portents or some shit LOL

at my store all matches have to be done at guest service no exceptions. doesn't matter if it's 50 cents or 50 dollars.

if cashiers do they should use zebra or their own phone. they'll get scammed time and time again if they use guests device

refresh the page? this is really a non issue if the cashier has any common sense

refresh the page? this is really a non issue if the cashier has any common sense
I agree, yet unfortunately some of our colleagues aren’t really /all there./ I had a cashier that was going to price match a random outdated ad on Google and didn’t even bother to tap on it to see if the page still existed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back