Cash office

Has anyone's store ever skipped a day in the cash office? Mine did yesterday. I called in sick. And they only asked one of other two people that know it, and he had other plans. Walked into a nightmare today. Wish we were allowed to have alcohol during working hours.

Has anyone's store ever skipped a day in the cash office? Mine did yesterday. I called in sick. And they only asked one of other two people that know it, and he had other plans. Walked into a nightmare today. Wish we were allowed to have alcohol during working hours.
We were told it HAS to be done EVERY day, except for Easter when we are closed.

How could you get a job in the cash office? I work in electronics and think that'd be a nice change. I never see anyone working in there but I always see it on the grid.

How could you get a job in the cash office? I work in electronics and think that'd be a nice change. I never see anyone working in there but I always see it on the grid.
At my store the previous GSA’s were all trained for cash office. The ones who were good (and fast) got scheduled there the most. We also have a HR TM that does it on occasion. It’s a “front of store” position so you’d have to approach the ETL/Leader over the cashiers to let them know you’d like to be cross trained for that position.

we’ve missed days with a great deal of frequency that i bit the bullet and got trained in there. honestly with the recycler one could totally teach themselves how to do it

we’ve missed days with a great deal of frequency that i bit the bullet and got trained in there. honestly with the recycler one could totally teach themselves how to do it

Then why does my store take more than the 3 hours they are scheduled??? (rhetorical question). It messes up the front end grid when they run over 3 hours.

I said that to my ETL and he got on my ass about minding my own business when this one team member is in the cash office every day for 4+ hours
Of course, this all depends on the size of the store. Still, anything over 2.5 hours is excessive, especially if they are doing it every day. They are either hiding or very slow. It is your business when you need that person on the floor. I am sure they are not allocating 4 hours for CO.

Of course, this all depends on the size of the store. Still, anything over 2.5 hours is excessive, especially if they are doing it every day. They are either hiding or very slow. It is your business when you need that person on the floor. I am sure they are not allocating 4 hours for CO.
They are scheduled for CO from 7:45-10 and are always in CO until 12 or 1 at least. They stay in there until their shift is over. My store is not really very high volume

That used to drive me crazy when our TM who was in the CO would take their dear, sweet time. I mean, I get it, you want to be thorough and not make a mistake but at the same time we can't take all sorts of time either. I work at a Small Format and do the CO often. We have 9 registers, 4 SCO, and 2 SD so a grand total of 15 registers to count. Now, not a lot compared to GM stores so don't think I am comparing myself to anyone. Before we got the recycler, it took me between 75-90 minutes to get it done. If I absolutely booked it I got out in 1hr. 10 min (and I maybe do it once or twice a week tops). I have to think once you get yourself in enough of a groove it shouldn't take you long to do everything. What holds me up is if I have to order $$, make a ton of change trays, or clean up the safe because someone who did it before me wasn't exactly organized about the way the money was (It's my pet peeve. I like to leave the money uber-organized).

We have one TM that’s always slow in CO, even tho they are in there every week. We’ve found scheduling their CO hours at the end of their shift gets them out sooner, since they can leave hen they’re done 😂
We tried doing that but then the CO team member said you can’t take cash out of the recycler after 11am...? (I’m not cash office trained)

They are scheduled for CO from 7:45-10 and are always in CO until 12 or 1 at least. They stay in there until their shift is over. My store is not really very high volume
This is unacceptable. 2 hours and 15 minutes is ample time. Approximately how many cash bags do you have in total? We have 35 and I can get it done in close to two hours.

Back