Archived Cash office

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
I was asked if I would like to learn the cash office the other week and I am wondering for those who do the cash office what it is like or how stressful it is. thanks.

Cash office is 90% totally chill, listening to music and counting, and 10% pure, white-hot panic when your numbers don't add up at the end and you can't figure out why.

I love it, which is good since I'm in there four days a week. I'm game to answer any questions you might have (except for relating to security) so fire away.

I agree...cash office is the best. Don't pass this up! When I trained someone in there she said you don't even realize there's an entire store out there.
Radio. Fan. Alone. The best position!
Don't be intimidated by this position! Once you get the routine down it's so easy. Unless someone jacks with the routine but eventually, with time, you will learn how to figure out the problem. Problems come up about once a month, in all honesty. Really though, they recommend that we just "accept" the variance and move on with life. It usually shows up somewhere else. We don't always know where but sales audit can see it.

Is there actually a radio in the CO, or do people just bring in their MP3 players, etc.?

I just started CO and I've had a few of those white hot panic moments. I think once I get the hang of it, I'll absolutely love it.

Love cash office! It takes about 2.5-3hrs at my store (Super Target) then you take your 15, then finish your day at your usual workstation.

It is a little stressful to learn. I liken it to driving. Learning to drive is real hard. And yet I drive to work every day without really thinking about it.

So while it is hard to learn, you can go on autopilot once you know it well.

At my store there is the added stress that there is no one on the store who can back you up/answer your question. No etl/GSTL, etc... Know the position. In fact we only have 3 people total trained in co and odds are they aren't working when you are. So you have to be a good problem solver when the unexpected arises.

Welcome! Coext! We do have a cheat sheet in our guides for CO.
Then, you grab the big book on co for the answer.

Cash office is 90% totally chill, listening to music and counting, and 10% pure, white-hot panic when your numbers don't add up at the end and you can't figure out why.

I love it, which is good since I'm in there four days a week. I'm game to answer any questions you might have (except for relating to security) so fire away.
do you have to count by hand? I don't know if this is "security" but do you learn any codes to getting into the office?

Learning to drive is hard? Seemed very second nature to me, something one could teach in under 10 minutes.

We've had a boombox in ours since we opened. I think other TMs play music on their phones since I've noticed the station never changes.
You have a bill counter machine. Although it is faster and easier to count small amounts and just enter them manually.
Everyone has their own code to enter the CO.

I loved my time with the money at best buy.... My favorite part of the morning!!

Actually my whole Admin job was great, a combo of CO, HR, AP (reviewing reports daily), GSA.... I loved my little office. I'd go back to that in a heartbeat - but I'm guessing even it wouldn't be the same today.

I'd love to learn CO and then just go home after. It doesn't seem like an easy thing to "break into" at my store though. Which sucks.

So to the OP, enjoy the opportunity!

I'd love to learn CO and then just go home after. It doesn't seem like an easy thing to "break into" at my store though. Which sucks.

Yeah, asking to be trained for CO just comes across as suspicious IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back