Archived Cashier Bullies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michy

Sarcastic Cashier
Hey all,

I'm a new cashier and I have a question. First off, I notice on the schedule posted for the day it indicates where I'm supposed to be (front or back registers) and whether I'm assigned to monitor self-checkout or work the register. Can another, more experienced cashier tell me to work self checkout for the day even though im assigned to the register? I went in today and met this other cashier for the first time and within 5 minutes of me working the register, she tells me to do self checkout. I guess she figured I was a clueless moron. I've been on the register 3 or 4 times now and I feel fairly confident about it. Can I just tell jer next time that I would prefer to work where I am assigned?

I can't help but feel as if this person is taking advantage of me because I am new. Working self checkout is boring by the way, and I don't think she felt like doing it and dumped it on me

It was a cashier for sure. She kicked me off the register and took over the entire day.

I mean, technically that could still be a GSA on a cashier shift or something. Not common but does happen.

That type of behavior typically isn't healthy for culture, but I would inquire and go through due process with your GSTL. Don't attempt to approach the TM directly about this. The GSTL can probably shed some light on the situation or correct any misbehaviors.

I have seen GSTLs tell cashiers to take over for others. "Go to lunch and I will step in" But not to move positions.

I mean...all they did was ask you to go to self check out. Since when is that called "being a bully."

When THAT person is supposed to do it but they pass it off to a noob.

Don't be afraid to say no. Not saying no and kissing booty led me to being stuck as a cashier for over a year when I wanted to not be cashier anymore lol

but if it's basically "hey go take over for SCO" and they basically just shove you off of your lane and you're left to do nothing but go to SCO then I'd talk to your GSTL.

Last edited:
Document and ask clarification from your GSTL on the encounter.

I will say though you should 100% learn SCO, and honestly the best way to learn it is just to do it. Also learn photo. It's not that hard and really comes in handy.

After the Kodak outage this weekend I am not sure photo is going to last much longer.

Document and ask clarification from your GSTL on the encounter.
Agreed.
Ask them how wise it is to put someone new on SCO when they're still learning policies & protocols while trying to watch guests so nobody walks out with unscanned merch on the underside of the cart.
Also ask how you're expected to learn how to pitch & process a red card on SCO as opposed to a regular checklane.

After the Kodak outage this weekend I am not sure photo is going to last much longer.
at my store photo lab is very popular so it's gonna stay for a while. i saw another store got rid of their lab and just has the kiosks-- that would go so horribly at mine

My GSTLs/ GSAs *love* hanging out at photo :rolleyes:. Seems like they're over there for at least 20 minutes every day because it decides to be dickish...

My GSTLs/ GSAs *love* hanging out at photo :rolleyes:. Seems like they're over there for at least 20 minutes every day because it decides to be dickish...
Well at my store photo is directly in front of the lanes so it's GSA central (it makes sense if you were to see the layout)

at my store photo lab is very popular so it's gonna stay for a while. i saw another store got rid of their lab and just has the kiosks-- that would go so horribly at mine

Yeah it's not a popularity thing but more rumors that target and Kodaks partnership isn't going to last much longer.

Last edited:
they'd have to replace it with something right? guests love our photo lab

The photo studio just doesnt bring in a lot of money yet takes up such a large amount of space in the stores.

It's also my understanding that the infrastructure (machines) are outdated and when an outage occurs Kodak is slow to get everything running anything.

Operationally it's just not profitable for Target.

The photo studio just doesnt bring in a lot of money yet takes up such a large amount of space in the stores.

It's also my understanding that the infrastructure (machines) are outdated and when an outage occurs Kodak is slow to get everything running anything.

a store by me (not mine) got rid of the lab and just has kiosks. that would be a disaster for us. plus at least a my store based on where the lab is all we could do is add more space to TSC.

yes the software is horrible, but if kodak actually invested some time into upgrading apex, the whole thing would be much better (i know that's not happening)

Target has probably spent more money on my payroll trying to fix our damn kiosk than it's brought in in the last two years.

Target has probably spent more money on my payroll trying to fix our damn kiosk than it's brought in in the last two years.

Right well you have been here long enough to remember when the company used to have dedicated photo team members. Our photo prices are not competitive compared to Costco and Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back