Archived cashier given 8 hr softlines shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

slegab21

Self Checkout Junkie
I've been at my store for nearly 8 months now as a cashier. I'm trained in Guest Service and Food Ave as well. I have helped the sales floor with zoning and re-shop before - but primarily in hardlines. Maybe ONCE that I can remember in softlines. I was given a shift in softlines seemingly out of the blue. I'm not really interested in working in softlines, especially at this point in time (i.e., college finals and other commitments - I don't want to be a newbie at work again... etc blah blah blah.)

I put the shift up on the swap shift board and plan on asking around more tomorrow, but does anyone have any idea why this might've happened? Seems so random to me. I have no idea how sales floor team members even go about their shifts, I'm definitely not the best person for this job. The front end is my haven.

Talk to your team leader, then HR.

I'd be glad for the chance to go global.

They probably needed help in softlines. Don't overthink it. Take the shift and view it as a chance to crosstrain. It's honestly not that difficult of a work center, I promise.

At my store softlines just has a lot of hours. We were scheduling people under VM just to fill the hours. You will probably get to do some backup cashiering so if no one grabs it just take it. Softlines is easy, at my store non softlines folks who end up there end up in baby which is easy

I always regretted saying no to cross training other parts of the store. I'd do it, they asked me 2 months into my work here. I'm here a year later now just barely escaping cashiering on the weekends and going to FDC. Week days I'm still cashier, and I'm trying to get out of it. It's funny because that actually just happened a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back