Archived Rhc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I get them started on the app while I'm scanning their purchases, but it doesn't really matter either way as far as I can tell. If they're approved, it will apply that transaction to their new account and give them the 5% off (they do have to re-enter their PIN after the temp card prints out). If the "additional information required" message comes up, partner with your GSTL/GSA to give them the 5% off on this transaction, and they'll need to use another form of payment in the meantime.

This could be ASANTS, but our registers will not automatically apply the discount. We suspend the transaction. Do the application, then scan the Red Card receipt bar code to do the transaction with a discount. I screwed up once and didn't suspend the transaction. If wouldn't give the guest the discount, so GSA couldn't figure out the math for 5% made it right by giving the guest 10% off.

This could be ASANTS, but our registers will not automatically apply the discount. We suspend the transaction. Do the application, then scan the Red Card receipt bar code to do the transaction with a discount. I screwed up once and didn't suspend the transaction. If wouldn't give the guest the discount, so GSA couldn't figure out the math for 5% made it right by giving the guest 10% off.
You can do it in one transaction. But the discount doesn’t come off until you scan the temp barcode on the normal total screen. That’s how you have to do it.

My store will make it right and give 5% for that purchase even if they’re not approved as a thank you for applying.

Reactions: Me2
My ETL on 'red card 'training' 3+ years ago

"always do the app first. If or when they are approved, they will be happy to buy what you ring up. If they are declined and if you rang anything up, be prepared to put it all back as strays since they aren't buying anything."

I think this, at the very least, 50% accurate based on experience.

If you were to give them 5% of their entire purchase manually how would you do that? Not the math part but what buttons do you press? I know how to take % off a single item by doing K1..etc. but how do you do it for the whole thing?

If you were to give them 5% of their entire purchase manually how would you do that? Not the math part but what buttons do you press? I know how to take % off a single item by doing K1..etc. but how do you do it for the whole thing?
Do it per item if possible otherwise ask GSTL if you can do target coupon

There's a barcode you can get off workbench that takes 5% off, intended to be backup if the payment system is down or whatever, but when I was GSA we used it a decent amount for "making it right".

There's a barcode you can get off workbench that takes 5% off, intended to be backup if the payment system is down or whatever, but when I was GSA we used it a decent amount for "making it right".
Pretty sure it literally says on the coupon using it to “make it right” (anything other than entire redcard payment system is down) is a termable offense.

That being said my GSA used it a few times too for making it right

Pretty sure it literally says on the coupon using it to “make it right” (anything other than entire redcard payment system is down) is a termable offense.

it doesn't say it's an offense at all, it just says it's not best practice.

our leadership team decided as a whole that we didn't want to use it for service recovery (nor were we ever supposed to), though, so we stopped doing it. it's literally only to be used when REDcard is having global issues or if the guest's temporary slip isn't working.

it doesn't say it's an offense at all, it just says it's not best practice.

our leadership team decided as a whole that we didn't want to use it for service recovery (nor were we ever supposed to), though, so we stopped doing it. it's literally only to be used when REDcard is having global issues or if the guest's temporary slip isn't working.
Huh I could’ve sworn the last time the GSA used it (1.5 years ago, so may have changed) it said it was termable. Maybe I’m misremembering

We're lackadaisical at my store, so just take the money off one item and have the supervisor sign the receipt. Make it right and move on.

Yeah it just says very sternly that's not what it's for, but Target likes to say that we're not supposed to do things and then encourage us to do those things to "make it right" for the guest, so. I'm not up front anymore so ¯\(ツ)

My ETL on 'red card 'training' 3+ years ago

"always do the app first. If or when they are approved, they will be happy to buy what you ring up. If they are declined and if you rang anything up, be prepared to put it all back as strays since they aren't buying anything."

I think this, at the very least, 50% accurate based on experience.
If they are declined they still by their stuff like regular, they just won’t get the 5 percent off

If they are declined they still by their stuff like regular, they just won’t get the 5 percent off
My store makes it right and gives it to them for that one purchase but yeahbive never had anyone put stuff back because they weren’t approced

You hit the coupon button and put in the dollar amount. If it's over $5, you'll need a GSTL override.

We don’t give them the 5% off unless they are approved and use the redcard to pay. I have had guests get annoyed about it during times where it was a very small total, so I ended up just target couponing it for like a dollar or two, but generally no.

What I'm saying is, (in my store) I have witnessed many times where the guest would not get approved for the red card and they would just walk out mid-transaction while cursing due to that. SO it is better for us to do the application first to avoid this type of incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back