Archived Cashier Questions from a Softlines TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working softlines at Target for 3 months. I’m backing up at the front frequently. Sometimes I call GSTLs over to solve some problems. They do stuff so fast so I just can’t keep up. So my questions are:
1. How to do a price match?
2. How to apply a discount to match the signs in the store? Sometimes the registers don’t apply discount as they should.
3. If an item doesn’t have any tag. How to ring it up?
Thank you.

1. Let the GSTL deal with price match, there's a app on the zebra to check that
2. Same as before, but I remember correctly when adjusting a price, it should ask you if want to take it off as a percentage. Enter the said percentage
If you know the dcpi for it, then type it in, some clothes will have the dcpi in there. But again partner with the GSTL

I have been working softlines at Target for 3 months. I’m backing up at the front frequently. Sometimes I call GSTLs over to solve some problems. They do stuff so fast so I just can’t keep up. So my questions are:
1. How to do a price match?
2. How to apply a discount to match the signs in the store? Sometimes the registers don’t apply discount as they should.
3. If an item doesn’t have any tag. How to ring it up?
Thank you.
1 and 2: call a GSTL.
3: there should be a tag on the inside of the clothing, if it’s not clothing, call GSTL.

also, if a guest starts telling you what buttons to hit, or they give you coupons that look too good to be true CALL GSTL!!!!! It’s probably a scam and the GSTL would rather you bother them for a false alarm than let a scammer go by.

1. If they're price matching to Target.com then go ahead and check that the DPCI matches. Have them refresh the page on their phone or, only if you want, use your own phone.

2. Talk to your GSTL about empowerment. If it's a small difference of a few dollars then you're probably good to do it yourself. There should be a K-function on your screen that says change amount. Click that and follow the prompts. But again talk to your GSTL first and actually use your head when doing price adjustments. If a guest claims every item they have is cheaper on the shelf, they're probably full of sh*t and you'll need to partner with your GSTL to verify the prices. If it's a large price adjustment, don't even attempt it. Partner with the GSTL. If you're seeing the same item come as a price challenge then ask the GSTL if they wouldn't mind checking it out. I've seen some where it's a BOGO deal but the guests don't read properly. Deny the price adjustment and apologize for the confusion (it's not our fault that they can't f*cking read). Quite often it's a cartwheel offer. Some stores would prefer that you still honor it, others would prefer that you deny it and tell the guest how to use Cartwheel.

3. If it's a Target owned brand then the DPCI should be printed elsewhere. On clothes there's a little white tag on the inside with the DPCI. You can also use your phone or zebra to try to find the item on Target.com. If it's part of a large transaction sometimes I'll ask the guest if they wouldn't mind grabbing another one or a similar item from the floor while I finish ringing up the rest. In some cases you could page a TM in that department to see if they know (long shot).

1 and 2: call a GSTL.
3: there should be a tag on the inside of the clothing, if it’s not clothing, call GSTL.

also, if a guest starts telling you what buttons to hit, or they give you coupons that look too good to be true CALL GSTL!!!!! It’s probably a scam and the GSTL would rather you bother them for a false alarm than let a scammer go by.
The other day someone had 2 “free with purchase coupons” that looked fake as HELL and I was like yeah no and called over my GSTL and she scanned them and they worked and walked away like.. she didn’t even do anything and I brought them up to her later and I was like “look at these. These are fake” and she’s like “if they scan there’s nothing I can do”

The other day someone had 2 “free with purchase coupons” that looked fake as HELL and I was like yeah no and called over my GSTL and she scanned them and they worked and walked away like.. she didn’t even do anything and I brought them up to her later and I was like “look at these. These are fake” and she’s like “if they scan there’s nothing I can do”
TELL AP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back