Archived cashier to GSA/GSTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly does a GSA and a GSTL do? Can a cashier eventually get promoted to one of those jobs? Are they full time, and does anyone know approximately what they pay?

The GSA runs the lanes. The GSTL does this as well as is responsible for development, execution, and all of the TL roles at the front lanes.

I was a cashier who promoted to GSA in under a year.

Whether or not it is full time depends on your store and where you are cross trained. At my store, two of us have made it officially into full time, another one gets full time hours, and another is in school and works weekends only right now.

The pay grade is 50 cents above base.

Really? I thought that the GSA and the GSTL (at least the GSTL) were actual, salaried jobs. :(

GSTL, being a TL position is full time...at my store that works out to about 36 - 38 hours a week for my GSTL. But only ETLs and above are salaried positions.

Honestly, right now in this company don't try and become a GSTL unless you have really thick skin and want to stay in that position for a very long time. It's a very tough role to be in and even more difficult to be good at. Realistically unless your store's conversion is consistently at 2.5-3%, don't expect good review scores until it is there. Rough stuff but that's the way the GSTL cookie crumbles. :(

Honestly, right now in this company don't try and become a GSTL unless you have really thick skin and want to stay in that position for a very long time. It's a very tough role to be in and even more difficult to be good at. Realistically unless your store's conversion is consistently at 2.5-3%, don't expect good review scores until it is there. Rough stuff but that's the way the GSTL cookie crumbles. :(

i can imagine. conversion would be a bitch to deal with. no one wants to sign up for red cards.

That and good surveys. They've been promoting that a lot at our store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back