Archived cashier training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

teammember123457
I've been working for about a month now in softlines but haven't been cashier trained like everyone else has been. Who should I talk to about this? My team leader or human resources?I've been holding back because I know it's a busy time and didn't want to stress them or bother, but whenever the front lanes ask for backup I always get told that I need to go but I haven't been cashier trained yet. Even my trainer told me I should already be trained. Who do I tell?

You weren’t cashier trained as the first thing you did? You just had orientation and then went straight to softlines?

Pretty much all TMs need to be cashier trained. I would inquire with your Softlines TL. If they want you trained, they will converse with the Front about it. If they don't, they will tell you don't bother. If you haven't been trained, you will not have access to a registers anyway.

Last edited:
Talk to your team leader.

Or consider yourself lucky that you can't be called up for guests-first/backup at the front lanes. :p

If you want to stay past seasonal I would get cashier trained.

You would hate for a conversation to go, "Yeah I like @Emilie , but she isn't cashier trained"

If you are indifferent, lay low easier to get your task done when you don't have to backup

Last edited:
I would agree that you should be trained if you want to stick around, but if you don't...consider yourself lucky.

ETA: I'm Hardlines, and the very first thing I did, after computer training, was train on cashiering. No getting around it there.

You weren’t cashier trained as the first thing you did? You just had orientation and then went straight to softlines?
yeah i only got about 3 days of training in softlines and that was it. no cashier training or anything like that. is that not normal?

yeah i only got about 3 days of training in softlines and that was it. no cashier training or anything like that. is that not normal?

Usually, almost everyone in the store has to get cashier trained in order to provide backup to the front lanes when needed. When writing training schedules, we usually pair a new TM with an experienced trainer for 1-2 cashier shifts to ensure that that person at least knows the basics of how to ring someone up.

No cashier training, either someone dropped the ball in creating your training schedule, or they don't plan on keeping you.

I wouldnt volunteer to be trained as a cashier unless you think you are on the cusp of being kept or not kept

If I was your trainer, the first 3 questions I would ask. Are you cashier trained yet? Did online quizzes yet? Did you do your password on ehr? Because we might need you in electronics for backup. Password is for my device access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back