Archived CEO Visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
Anyone heard that Target's CEO is starting his round of visiting every store? Has anyone's store actually been visited by Brian Cornell? Just curious...

Anyone heard that Target's CEO is starting his round of visiting every store? Has anyone's store actually been visited by Brian Cornell? Just curious...
I just had the VP ... looks like we are “embracing” the new process pretty well

I never heard and feedback from my ETL. I'll have to check with him to see how it went

If he’s visiting your store, congrats, you’re getting a remodel! That was the case with us a few weeks ago.

If he’s visiting your store, congrats, you’re getting a remodel! That was the case with us a few weeks ago.

We are getting a Next Gen remodel in July.... so yeh. But I didn't realize that had anything to do with it.

jumped to my head when i thought of cornell walking along and be like "hello, im the CEO brian Cor--" and then just gang rushed by TM's who have begged for hours, done back breaking work, and put in more effort than most TL's only to be pushed aside and forgotten.

We had one a few months back, along with Janna Potts and John mulligan. Wasn’t modernization related, Brian vacations in the area lol.

We had one a few months back, along with Janna Potts and John mulligan. Wasn’t modernization related, Brian vacations in the area lol.

Janna was a clueless self serving twat that only cared about numbers and promoting when she was within my sphere about 4 or 5 years ago.

Announced company visits are such a joke. Most stores blow payroll like crazy making things as perfect as possible beforehand unless it’s a truly broken store.

They know how the stores are functioning... they just want to pretend they don’t so you don’t get demotivated... it’s a means of keeping the pressure ratcheted up for as long as possible before the house falls.

If they truly wanted to visit stores to check on them then they wouldn’t announce visits ever.

Last edited:
Janna was a clueless self serving twat that only cared about numbers and promoting when she was within my sphere about 4 or 5 years ago.

Announced company visits are such a joke. Most stores blow payroll like crazy making things as perfect as possible beforehand unless it’s a truly broken store.

They know how the stores are functioning... they just want to pretend they don’t so you don’t get demotivated... it’s a means of keeping the pressure ratcheted up for as long as possible before the house falls.

If they truly wanted to visit stores to check on them then they wouldn’t announce visits ever.

And if they truly cared they'd actually listen to the people on the front lines as it were; the people in the store who actually SEE the results of their decisions.

At a visit recently we were asked :
“what do you do for us ?”
Most tm answered with title but the visitor wasn’t pleased.
What was the answer supposed to be ?
I thought of saying “Bring joy to the everyday lives of our guests.” But it sounds so insincere.
Do you Think he really wanted to hear us regurgitate that phrase ?

I just had the VP ... looks like we are “embracing” the new process pretty well

The best you could say about my store is we are "embarrassing" the new process pretty well.

I thought of saying “Bring joy to the everyday lives of our guests.” But it sounds so insincere.

Just say it in the voice of Eeyore:

It would more effective if visits were not announced. The uppers do a shit show of acting when visitors come. The backroom is actUally cleaned and the store looks perfect. I dont have time for the dog and pony show. Leads speak to you who never spoke to you before.

He visited my store a couple weeks ago. He actually visited once before our remodel and another time after it was finished. Maybe you’re getting one.

Edit: I didn’t realize this was an old thread I already responded to, lol

It would more effective if visits were not announced. The uppers do a shit show of acting when visitors come. The backroom is actUally cleaned and the store looks perfect. I dont have time for the dog and pony show. Leads speak to you who never spoke to you before.
I always said that if I were the CEO or upper leadership in a company, I would make unannounced visits. I would stay incognito, dress like a guest and check out the whole place. We had a district VP at my old job that did that a couple of times, I think the only thing we really got dinged on was failing to greet him. The next time he came, we had a heads up from another store nearby because he had just visited them. We had already circulated his picture so we knew what he looked like and were prepared.

Brian visited us recently and heard we did very well being fully modernized. We had BTS/mini set week early fully stocked, all signs up and he only stayed for 15 mins 😩

Honestly most visits are unannounced but everyone has a friend. We had an unannounced GVP visit a couple weeks ago but our HRD is good friends with my SD so he gave us a heads up. This happens more than you’d think. DSDs are often given a friendly heads up by someone they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back