Archived Challenging your Superiors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on who the superior is and what you're challenging. My department ETL for example, is typically open for discussion if I challenge her. One of our other ETL's, on the other hand, has an ego the size of a f**king CEO and GOD FORBID YOU CHALLENGE HIM because even if there's NO question you're right he won't be able to stand it. Sorry, still a little bitter... (He freaked out at me for constantly needing backup cashiers, when we had 4 call-ins and ALL of our self-checkouts were down. Essentially leaving us 7 lanes short)

I challenge ETLs all the time, never created a bad relationship out of it. Use Target lingo and don't be hostile. I've been at my Target through about 3 rounds of ETLs, challenged many of them and never had an issue.

I challenge all the time because they would play me for a fool and I demand respect. If I'm 100% sure about something I'll stick with it

I have challenged recently, only to have my exec make me face the tl that is the problem. As usual the tl showed their arse, but the exec did nothing to correct the tl actions.

It's so different in the real world..Outside Target world, Managers are not only receptive to ideas, but actually allow you to implement them. AND, they don't back down when you have made a decision regarding a customer. They actually back what I have said to customers.. it took me a little while to get used to it. It's nice.
Where is this fabled place you speak of? I've had several jobs, and outside my ETL, all have been just as rigid with "It's my way or the highway," mentality.
That said, I can suggest things, or phrase it as "What do you think about..." or, if they're open to suggestion "My suggestion would be..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back