Archived Chances of being kept after the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired as a seasonal softlines team member back in july and just recently hit my 90 days! I really enjoy working here and it has overall been a good experience for me. One of my leads is always complimenting my work and told me leaders have talked about me always doing a good job. In softlines im usually the only one who goes up often to back up the front lanes and I get my zone done in time and im always sent to go help others with their zones as well. One of my leads always asks me to help them with something, or do them a favor and had me train newer tms. I haven't called in or been late yet and I don't plan on it any time soon, I really want my leader to know that I genuinely care about my job even with school stress. A couple of weeks ago we had 5 people call in the same night and it was a mess, they told me they appreciated that I showed up and I was the only seasonal softlines tm who bothered showing up. Overall I love my job and my co workers and I hope to continue working here after the holidays!

Sounds like you’re doing great!! Talk to your TL about your concern regarding being kept, they can’t guarentee anything but it may give you a little peace of mind

Frankly if you aren't stealing, you are better than most. You'll be fine. I don't think that they hire seasonals in July. I got hired in July and asked in October if I was seasonal. The STL almost bust a gut laughing.

Frankly if you aren't stealing, you are better than most. You'll be fine. I don't think that they hire seasonals in July. I got hired in July and asked in October if I was seasonal. The STL almost bust a gut laughing.

I think some people are keyed in as Back to School seasonal at my store. But chances are if you were hired as a seasonal then and are still around heading into the holidays, they’re keeping you on.

Most times if you arent let go by august your good. Usually its the xmas seasonals that are rarely kept you should be fine

hahahaha I would say to not worry at all if all what you said is true... you sound like an invaluable softlines TM especially if you're backing up checklanes, getting asked by your TL to assist them and finishing with enough time to help others...that is by far more than enough to even be considered as Visual Merchandiser in my store. I would be too happy to have you on my team. Try not to put too much effort, though. The ones they like are the kind that work at a good pace the first 90 days and don't just slow down after that. So figure out a good ground that you know you can keep up for years if that's your plan and go for that. I know to this day I work my ass off to match how I worked in my first 90 days. I stay late, I come in 15 min early everyday to make sure I'm not gonna be late by traffic or any other issue. I sweat at least a couple times a day doing my job. Not all tasks require you to sweat your ass off, though. =P Hence me saying find that middle ground of hard work and not killing yourself slowly. haha Good luck.

Last edited:
I was hired as a seasonal softlines team member back in july and just recently hit my 90 days! I really enjoy working here and it has overall been a good experience for me. One of my leads is always complimenting my work and told me leaders have talked about me always doing a good job. In softlines im usually the only one who goes up often to back up the front lanes and I get my zone done in time and im always sent to go help others with their zones as well. One of my leads always asks me to help them with something, or do them a favor and had me train newer tms. I haven't called in or been late yet and I don't plan on it any time soon, I really want my leader to know that I genuinely care about my job even with school stress. A couple of weeks ago we had 5 people call in the same night and it was a mess, they told me they appreciated that I showed up and I was the only seasonal softlines tm who bothered showing up. Overall I love my job and my co workers and I hope to continue working here after the holidays!
Depends on the store, the staffing and your attendance and work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back