Archived Changing scheduled job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I’ve been at target for a few weeks now and was hired as a “guest advocate” (I know there’s been a ton of change with titles and stuff so I’m not too familiar with the old stuff), basically they said my responsibilities were everything front end (cashiering and GS). I know they’re trying to integrate both “jobs” as one, but they keep scheduling me at GS, which I’m not the best at. I feel like I slow them down every time I’m over there.

Is there any way I can request to be scheduled more as cashier? Or would that be looked down upon since I’m expected to do both? I know I’m supposed to be able to do both, but i just get confused because there are tons of cashiers i haven’t seen work at GS. It’s like the same 5 ppl.

I’m still in my 90 days so I’m kind of worried they’re noticing it’s taking me a bit to get the hang of It over there. The pay is too good to lose!

Keep at it you’ll get better at if you keep doing instead of hiding. I was so scared of being at the register that co-worker at time got sick of me hiding that he said I would go up there. I was so mad at him but in the end it made more comfortable at it. You shouldn’t change because that change could make you lose out experience and money. Plus the spot could take action at your complaining to lower hours even more.

Since they only schedule the same five people in GS, and you are one of them, they must be satisfied with your performance or they wouldn’t keep scheduling you there. It’s difficult to predict how they would take a request for more cashiers/ less GS shifts, but it could result in cut hours, it’s up to you if it’s worth taking the chance. More experience at GS (or anything) should build your confidence and speed, and just generally make things easier, if that helps. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back