Archived Christmas and beyond...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired before the holidays and didn’t apply or get hired as seasonal. I am relatively new though... today our schedule was posted for the week of the 24th and I only have 2 shifts.
Now I have a full time day job so my availability is nights and weekends only but I’ve been getting between 17-24 hours a week. That week is 9. I know hours get cut after the holidays and i actually wouldn’t mind less hours than I had been getting but I’m nervous I’m getting cut. Thoughts?!?

Also how bad does it look if I try to get a Christmas Eve shift covered?!? My family is out of state and celebrates on Christmas Eve not day.

Post 1 - Its bracing for the Days After Christmas. Payroll tends to be continually adjusted depending on the store forecast, actual sales, and remaining payroll. Stores also have post-Holiday resets. If you want hours post-Holiday, Guest Service and Electronics are very popular post-Christmas.

Post 2 - ASANTS
But as long as the shift is covered there should be no ill view unless your management doesnt approve a change shift.

If I remember correctly your availability is very limited. You're not going to get many shifts when hours go down.

Doesn't mean you are getting let go.

They won't care. As long as they have coverage they'll be fine.

If you put a shift on the board, it doesn't get covered and you call out. Yeah they might let you go

Yeah I won’t call out. I’d just love to be able to travel to see my family. I knew it was likely I’d be scheduled but didn’t think I’d be this disappointed when it happened

And I’m fine with low hours...my current schedule hasn’t left me time for much other than working my two jobs.
I enjoy the work and the discount.
The extra money is actually probably less than the discount at times

I wouldn’t mind guest services but I’m not yet trained. I’ll mention that to someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back