Christmas Eve Hours 2021

Not Christmas Eve specific but I am absolutely NOT excited about the new holiday hours starting in Dec. Three weeks of midnight closings. I think it would've been smarter to maybe push it by an hour during the week (Sunday-Thursday) and go to midnight on Friday/Saturday until that final week before Christmas. Staffing is already a challenge and those hours have just made it a lot trickier, IMO.

Last edited:
Christmas eve is my least favorite night to close. People just don't want to leave! Christmas falls is the same date every year. why are you surprised on Christmas eve that it's the next day?
I have no sympathy for someone doing their shopping as the store is getting ready to close on Christmas. We want to get home to our families and you’ve had a whole year to shop.

I have no sympathy for someone doing their shopping as the store is getting ready to close on Christmas. We want to get home to our families and you’ve had a whole year to shop.
I can understand if something popped up in someone's head last minute and it's a spur of the moment type of thing, we've all been there. But don't come to me with a long shopping list of things you want me to find, odds are we won't have most of them.

I can understand if something popped up in someone's head last minute and it's a spur of the moment type of thing, we've all been there. But don't come to me with a long shopping list of things you want me to find, odds are we won't have most of them.
Nope, they’ve had all year and by the amount of carts lined at up the checklanes at closing, it’s not a popped up thought. We start making announcements at least an hour before closing and we have people heading to the checklanes when the lights go dark. We also get the people running in 5 minutes before closing trying to do their shopping. It’s rude and inconsiderate.

Nope, they’ve had all year and by the amount of carts lined at up the checklanes at closing, it’s not a popped up thought. We start making announcements at least an hour before closing and we have people heading to the checklanes when the lights go dark. We also get the people running in 5 minutes before closing trying to do their shopping. It’s rude and inconsiderate.
With the entitled idea that as long as I get here before the store closes you have to let me shop as long as I want. A few weeks ago we had several people wait to come up to check out when the store closed (normal) but a couple were in cosmetics looking through their cart, going through their coupons, etc, and I asked them to come up to the front to check out because the store is closed. They ignored me and turned their cart around and went back to grocery to get something else. If someone has a problem or needs the service desk after the store closes, we do tell them that the service desk is closed for the evening and they will have to come back another day during regular store hours.

With the entitled idea that as long as I get here before the store closes you have to let me shop as long as I want. A few weeks ago we had several people wait to come up to check out when the store closed (normal) but a couple were in cosmetics looking through their cart, going through their coupons, etc, and I asked them to come up to the front to check out because the store is closed. They ignored me and turned their cart around and went back to grocery to get something else. If someone has a problem or needs the service desk after the store closes, we do tell them that the service desk is closed for the evening and they will have to come back another day during regular store hours.
We had someone recently who did all their shopping at closing time and then headed to GS to try to do a return of a large amount of items so they could have the merch card to pay for their new purchase. Let’s just say it was a mess and GS had already closed.

Last edited:
We had someone recently who did all their shopping at closing time and then headed to GS to try to do a return of a large amount of items so they could have the merch card to pay for their new purchase. Let’s just say it was a mess and GS had already closed.
IMHO the guest probably stole a bunch of stuff and tried to return it get a merchandise card.

Unfortunately in our store GS closes last after self checkout and the lanes.

^^ Wait. You close GS before the guests are gone? Maybe my store is different because its IGS...but we are the last area to close.

^^ Wait. You close GS before the guests are gone? Maybe my store is different because its IGS...but we are the last area to close.
At mine if you are in the line for GS before midnight they will take you even if it takes a while to work your way to the front. If you finish with the regular line after midnight or continue to shop until after midnight and then get into the GS line they will only take you if there was a mistake with the check out that just took place or they will do a pick up. They won't let you start doing returns or anything like that if you get in the GS line after midnight.

Does Target limit the return amounts without a receipt after you scan the license?

I also thought they only allowed merchandise credit if you buy something from the exact same department.
Yes, they do. It all depends if the store goes beyond the screen to “make it right”. The only time it would be from the same dept is if it is electronics.

Don’t get me started on the 11:58pm Drive Ups still coming with last minute large pick ups the entire week before. It’s always been one of those just because you can doesn’t mean you SHOULD things for me…

Back