Cleaner

So at my target I have been scheduled the daytime cleaner from 10-6:45. I was thinking about contacting corporate because I feel like when we get to the new normal they should keep the position. Also wanted to know what other cleaners clean at their stores.

So at my target I have been scheduled the daytime cleaner from 10-6:45. I was thinking about contacting corporate because I feel like when we get to the new normal they should keep the position. Also wanted to know what other cleaners clean at their stores.

Cleaner as a permenant position? Not really neccessary, we had brand attendants before and that position got removed. Cart attendants does some of that stuff now.

They'll just get rid of the position and then tell each workcenter to do the cleaning tasks, but without giving the payroll to actually do it.

'Tis the Target way!

Besides, walking around wiping things down with a damp rag & hydrogen peroxide cleaner does not actually disinfect anything except the rag, but it does give the psychological impression of a peace of mind for the masses. I have yet to see anyone cleaning properly by spraying the surface, waiting at least a minute, then wiping it down.

'Tis the Target way!

Besides, walking around wiping things down with a damp rag & hydrogen peroxide cleaner does not actually disinfect anything except the rag, but it does give the psychological impression of a peace of mind for the masses. I have yet to see anyone cleaning properly by spraying the surface, waiting at least a minute, then wiping it down.
The cleaning during the day is just cleaning. The disinfecting is done after close.

The cleaning during the day is just cleaning. The disinfecting is done after close.

Not at my store. Our cleaners are only scheduled until 9. I don't see anyone cleaning or disinfecting anything after close. Now, that's not to say they are not disinfecting at the FOS after close, they might be as I don't spend any time up there. But anything else being touched by TMs is only cleaned during the day. I really don't think they understand the difference at my store.

I would love to have a dedicated cleaner but that’s not going to happen at my store. I wish it would because the registers and self checkout were so gross.

As others have said, the cleaner at my store is usually pulled to back up the register or do fulfillment so cleaning doesn’t get done really. And I haven’t seen anyone cleaning SCO or the registers with anything other than the hydrogen peroxide cleaner. I try to get other team members to wipe down the register and stuff before they leave and for the team member at SCO to clean those registers when there aren’t a lot of guests. My team leaders don’t enforce it and no one really has to listen to me.
I hope we can clean more regularly though. It shouldn’t have taken a pandemic for people to clean the store.

The hydrogen peroxide cleaner is an approved disinfectant cleaner. BUT. Only if it used as directed. Simply wiping down a surface isn't going to disinfect anything if the cleaner isn't wet on that surface for at least a minute. (Same concept as why we need to wash our hands for 20 seconds instead of just rinsing it off right away.) Only wiping down a surface does nothing.

I think it's actually wet for 5 minutes with the peroxide multi-surface cleaner. I'm on LOA now but when I was there I dug up safety data sheets and drilled proper cleaning procedure into the cleaners.

the msc is mostly just sanitation theater but it should absolutely be used during the day instead of the tb disinfectant which is fucking quaternary ammonium and is actually potentially bad to be exposed to

But everyone just keeps spraying that shit like windex

Back