Archived Closing leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it run in your store? Are there more than one of you? Do you run with a TL? Thoughts on it so far? Pros/cons?

There is just one Sr TL working like 3:30pm to 12pm Monday thru Friday and off the weekend as closing lead.

No, only the closing TL does. Monday-Friday and weekends are rotated by the etls/tls.
Damn. What I’d give to trade my closing weeknight for another opening shift... goodbye difficulty reaching audit goals lol

I still have TL’s closing weeknights with the closing lead just as extra support. They’ll rotate out different closing days in the week in their own work center not as LOD to work with their team. It’s worked really well so far.

At our store, they went back to having one Lead with the Closing Lead. They rotate closing nights, as they did in the past. The "support" Lead still works in their area but act as support to the Closing Lead.

I don't like much about these changes so far, but I do like working with my Closing Lead.

Is your Closing Lead one of your former Senior TLs, or did your store give that position to a former regular TL?

Since they are eliminating Senior TL titles, I've been reading the paperwork as any lead can close the store at night, if an ETL or Closing Lead is not available. Just curious if that's actually the case, or if it's still only the former senior TLs who are doing this. I can't imagine every lead in the store being key carriers, but who knows.

Is your Closing Lead one of your former Senior TLs, or did your store give that position to a former regular TL?

Since they are eliminating Senior TL titles, I've been reading the paperwork as any lead can close the store at night, if an ETL or Closing Lead is not available. Just curious if that's actually the case, or if it's still only the former senior TLs who are doing this. I can't imagine every lead in the store being key carriers, but who knows.
Ours is a former TL. Both of the former Seniors turned it down (though both are still in the Lead(er) rotation for the weekends). I believe the Closing Lead was on the bench for Senior TL when we were tapped for the pilot.

As for your other question, I know our other Leads have keys, can arm/disarm the CO, and are learning more about what we would have called LOD responsibilities in a former life. So it appears that way.

For those stores with an Overnight Process, how does that work? I’m guessing everything you all have spoken about only pertains to Dayside only.

For those stores with an Overnight Process, how does that work? I’m guessing everything you all have spoken about only pertains to Dayside only.
The closing Lod leaves at midnight . The etl overnight etl comes in as per normal 10 pm to 8 or 9 am. I forgot to mention the TL ‘s overnight are all key carriers

Last edited:
Reactions: Him

We just made all TLs (except for the Food Service TL and our two GSTLs) keyholders, so they're all "technically" keyed in as SrTLs. So in a pinch, any TL or ETL can jump in (like if our closing lead takes vacation or on weekends)

The closing Lod leaves at midnight . The the overnight etl comes in as per normal 10 pm to 8 or 9 am
Thanks @allnew2. I’ve seen both my of the TL’s Overnight now have “keys” and on the daily grids, their Both Keyed in as “Seniors” so that’s why I asked. Both are usually accompanied by an ETL though.

Thanks @allnew2. I’ve seen both my of the TL’s Overnight now have “keys” and on the daily grids, their Both Keyed in as “Seniors” so that’s why I asked. Both are usually accompanied by an ETL though.
They both have keys now?Usually when you are overnight TL you automatically become a key carrier because not every night will be a etl with them

They both have keys now?Usually when you are overnight TL you automatically become a key carrier because not every night will be a etl with them
Only when the Etl's had a team building event or whatever, only one of those TL's "ran" the process. Funny thing is we seem to operate better when it was like that. Sometimes certain Etl's, I think stress over nothing.

We just made all TLs (except for the Food Service TL and our two GSTLs) keyholders, so they're all "technically" keyed in as SrTLs. So in a pinch, any TL or ETL can jump in (like if our closing lead takes vacation or on weekends)
Well that’s not fair to your gstl :/

Only when the Etl's had a team building event or whatever, only one of those TL's "ran" the process. Funny thing is we seem to operate better when it was like that. Sometimes certain Etl's, I think stress over nothing.
Agreed. Let de tl lead and things will get done. At least it’s how my store works.

This has turned into more of just a closing lod shift. We are supporting flow workload and doing special projects for our store lead. I have yet to have a slow/boring shift.

Things would run better if certain ETLs (the clueless snowflake brigade) would take their Starbucks and cell phones and stay in their offices all day. Walkies would, of course, be confiscated and the team could actually get some work done...🙄

So what are some things you guys like and dislike about this process so far? I don't know of any stores in our area that have swapped to this yet? So far nothing has popped up as to it happening any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back