Archived Closing time

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing exciting about this at the end...what you see at the beginning is pretty well what you get through out...but in those couple of minutes, I feel like I formed some sort of bond with them...it reminds me that most TMs are pretty cool and doing the best they can in life.

Love this song!

It's quite fitting. The video is so simple yet it captures so much. It's beyond sad for all that worked so hard to be let go. Target hasn't been my best job nor close to what I use to make, but I do enjoy it. Sorry guys.

I have family in Canada, I was really excited to hear that we were expanding there. It was a potential opportunity for me to pursue if I wanted to move up north.

Target really screwed up badly & it feels like a little piece of me has died with the closures. It happened there, so it could happen here too.

I am so sorry that this happened to our Canadian Team Members. I wish I could give you all a big hug. This video made me cry, just seeing the end. So empty.

How sad. I hate that our company's poor planning cost these people their jobs. If we had been strategic and started slowly, Target Canada could have been a success. Sorry, my Canadian brothers and sisters in red and khaki. I wish you all the best. Today is my last day at Target-there is life after, I promise. Hugs and kisses.

They somehow managed to hit all the deep places.
There is something about opening a store together that does more than create a 'team' it makes something stronger, a work family.
They are mourning, something much deeper than the loss of a store.

Last edited:
I have family in Canada, I was really excited to hear that we were expanding there. It was a potential opportunity for me to pursue if I wanted to move up north.

Target really screwed up badly & it feels like a little piece of me has died with the closures. It happened there, so it could happen here too.

I am so sorry that this happened to our Canadian Team Members. I wish I could give you all a big hug. This video made me cry, just seeing the end. So empty.
It happened there, so it could happen here too.
Yep.

Has anyone seen this video?

It's a cover/parody of Semsisonic's Closing Time by some Target workers as their store is being closed. The place looks depressing.

Canada failed because Spot was in way over their heads. Opening 130 stores at the same time with no supply chain was a huge gamble. They should have opened 8-12 stores near the borders and worked their way further north.

Even in a good year spot doesn't open more than 10-12 stores a year in the US these days. Not sure why they thought they could open that many stores up north.

You know you have worked at Target too long when you notice that the light sensors on the coolers still worked and that they turned the flat without dragging the wheels on the floor. ><

I went back to the other thread and the video's not there. But now I understand what everyone who posted after you was talking about. :D
It's still there but maybe you need to be logged into Facebook to see it.

I saw this the day after it hit the net. First thing I thought was, I wonder if the flat had the "Push Don't Pull" sticker on it, in English and Spanish?

When you know you have another store to go to, closing one can be a really good experience. Also could be that we closed a store with great people. We played kick ball and had a bouncy castle! The castle resulted in many injuries.

Really cool video during times of sadness I guess. Just hope that Target didn't let them go for riding a flat...

I guess I was lucky to get out a month ago. Though, I found myself walking in front of my now-closed store (closed about a week and a half early even) and ran into the SFT. He let me in to see what was left and... well... it was saddening. Main entrance is at one corner, and I could see all the way across to the opposite corner. Only stayed for a couple of minutes to talk to the SFT and that was it.

^I hope you and everyone else from Target Canada finds better work. You all deserve so much better than what you all have been put through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back