Archived Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi so i recently became a GSA, and i was closing the very first time on my own, (ive only really helped out and shadowed GSTLs at my store like twice ever.) and i feel like i might have forgotten to do something. I had been closing the registers and when i got to the pharmacy ones i seriously had thought i might have needed the bundles for them? So what i did was that i pulled out the money, and didnt tell the computer to close because i wanted to make sure i hadn't forgotten the bundles for them, then when to the C/O and turns out they dont need bundles for when your closing and i didnt know that til i had gotten back to the C/O to where my bundles were at with its list to where the bundles go. And it was really busy since the store was closing and we had to get the guests out and i had forgotten to go back to the pharmacy registers to tell the registers that they are closed. (I did pull out the bundles and they are in the C/O with everything else, i just forgot to tell the register its closed.) Will i get a final for this?? Or a C/A?? Or get written up??? I KNOW i didnt lose a bundle, i just didnt tell the registers they were closed because it was my mistake that i forgot to go back.

You did leave a note for the opener or c/o person? Communicating is the key. Spot look the other way since you are new at closing.

Last edited:
The key to this all will be getting into a routine. Once it all becomes habit, it will be much easier. So figure it how you want to do it and always do it that way. That way, when you get interrupted (and you will) it won't throw you off as much.

As long as you pulled out the money, you are fine. There were times I couldn't close registers for various reasons. There is nothing like one of your last registers crashing and taking forever to come back up. All you have to do is leave a note, and they'll deal with it in the morning.

You won't be written up, put on a final or anything. They may likely not even mention it to you. Believe me, something always goes a bit wrong the first time a new GSA closes by themselves. They expect it. You should be fine.

Thanks guys! And i did leave a note! And i even clocked in and immediately told my leader about it and they said it was okay as long as i had the money pulled. I was just worried because it was my first time and i know ill make mistakes and such but i just wanted to make sure and i was worried id lose my job and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back