Archived Coaching for talking to target mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectronicsTM38

Electronics
Has anybody else been coached for talking to talking to target mobile?

My team leads are constantly rude to target mobile, and coach me as an electronics team member for talking to them or even being in the same area as them. Generally ill ask them for info on an item, or to direct them to a guest for phone service, and even let them know the things going on in the store that day.

I feel like this isn't right, anybody experiencing the same thing?

I talked to Target Mobile all the time. He’s now Electronics and we’re still good friends. ASANTS.

ETLs would get mad at me talking to another Electronics TM when we were planning out what rarely done tasks to do with our double coverage, and send one of us to Hardlines because we "are standing around not doing anything". I feel you.

I got pulled aside today by a team lead, and was told that i wasnt supposed to be talking to target mobile. Apparently I was "loafing" and if I do it again, I can get fired for it. Not sure why its a problem, but all of the team leads are super nasty to the target mobile rep, and I find it to be very wrong.

This almost sounds like my store, even though if you’re talking to mobile it’s usually because you need help with a guest or the guest is asking something that’s more their area of expertise. As long as there’s some work getting done I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. People need some human interaction or they start hating the position.

I agree. I dont feel like I should have even been threatened with termination with something like this. Im still assisting guest, making sales, and getting any other work done. Im e2e at my store, so target mobile is a tremendous help to me and the electronics team. I shouldnt have to be distant or shun them just because management doesn't like them

The question is, how other guests were not helped? Your tl May of been watching you for a period of time when you were not helping a guest.

I always talk to our Target Mobile people, due to the fact they're always bored (and alternative reasonings too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Then again I'm always working. So there's no issue there

I go out of my way to help all guest, and to at least greet them. Specifically today, i was talking to target mobile in regards to a guest and needed some advice on an item. Ive never been adressed about lack of guest service or getting my normal work done. Target mobile also will adress and greet guests while im working pulls or helping other guest.

Just say you were asking when the next huddle was.
aaf_shifty.gif

Odds are they have seen you talking to them a lot. More than you are letting on.

One of our Electronics TMs has been told repeatedly to not be hanging out at the boat talking to Mobile.

There shouldn't be a rule that we cant talk to them. They are as just much a member of the team than anybody at target. They help when needed, assist guest. Teams need communication. I have to talk to target mobile multiple times a day to do my job properly.

I give them a heads up if im taking a break, leaving immediate area or if somebody needs their assistance, and vice versa to electronics tm's.

As long as I do my job properly, assist guest adequately, and meet my sales goals, why is it such a problem that I occasionally talk to the mobile rep?

I actually performed out a softlines tm for always talking to the mobile guy. The sf tm wasn’t doing his infants zooming because he will always be with the mobile guy. I also had the mobile guy transferred to a different store . As a target employee you need to fulfill your core roles and because he was never finishing his zone I had to get him termed. I gave him apmle opportunities to improve and never happened.

I actually performed out a softlines tm for always talking to the mobile guy. The sf tm wasn’t doing his infants zooming because he will always be with the mobile guy. I also had the mobile guy transferred to a different store . As a target employee you need to fulfill your core roles and because he was never finishing his zone I had to get him termed. I gave him apmle opportunities to improve and never happened.
I’m pretty sure this is why one of our hard lines team members got fired. He spent a whole shift at the counter talking to the mobile rep, while I was working in electronics and helping guests. He was supposed to be in seasonal. I never saw him step foot down there.

I completely understand your situation. That particular team member wasnt doing his job, and allowed the mobile rep to disrupt.

I have never been coached about my performance or ability to do the job I am assigned to. Im e2e aty location. I cover electronics, infant hardlines, sporting goods, toys and seasonal by myself. I sometimes need assistance with guests or with knowledge of certain items. If im getting coached about talking to them about those things, something is wrong.

Wow, this would NEVER happen at my store. First of all, our mobile people are literallt lifesavers and do over 50% of the selling that the electronics people should be doing. Also, when there’s no guests around, literally ALL but one of our electronics TM’s just stand at the boat and talk to mobile. I love our mobile people to death, but I can’t even remember the last time electronics was dusted/cleaned.. much less zoned. Our ETL’s just walk by and glance a smile at them.. like I really could care less what the electronics tm’s do, just funny to see the difference from store to store.

ASANTS. Our Target Mobile is a huge asset to us. They help us with guests, unlock stuff for them, etc. Ours even helps with reshop when they have nothing going on on their end. No one gets mad about it. They don’t get upset when we talk to them as long as we’re still working.

Any official word on this? I've seen some things that hint that we might be switching over but haven't heard anything concrete.
It’s going away for certain stores, I’ve heard. My store is getting rid of it, unfortunately. We’re a D volume store (or so I’ve been told), so we are doing away with it.

ASANTS. Our Target Mobile is a huge asset to us. They help us with guests, unlock stuff for them, etc. Ours even helps with reshop when they have nothing going on on their end. No one gets mad about it. They don’t get upset when we talk to them as long as we’re still working.
As Signing TM I would be fired 10x over. For how much mobile talks to me. Almost always throwing up signing their vendor never does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back