1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee Addicts: Unite!

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesGuy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS turned door greeter.

For my fellow coffee lovers here on TBR, what's your perfect cup? Creamer? Milk? Other magical additions? What kind of roast do you prefer? Favorite machine or brewing method? Favorite Starbucks drink? Does Starbucks suck and do you have another favorite? If it's coffee related, it belongs here.

2. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

[​IMG]

garbage and qmosqueen like this.
  3. Leo47

Leo47 Cashier --> Guest

My favorite cup of coffee is a caramel mocha from Dutch brothers. I can't figure out how to make good coffee at home so I have to buy it lol. My favorite Starbucks drink is a mocha frappuccino no whip. Delish

4. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Known Memer

I can't have caffeine but I like coffee flavours! Usually I like a vanilla bean with caramel frappucino from Starbucks (I know it's not coffee-tasting, but it's my tried-and-true refreshment). If I'm at home I can be adventurous and get a decaf blonde or medium roast. I have a Keurig but it sadly usually gets pressed on the "Hot Cocoa/Other" button more often than not.

5. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

Generic coffee.
    Black.

TallAPGuy, Firefox and Yetive like this.
  6. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Well-Known Member

Black coffee or Starbucks, multi choice.

Flabbergasted and Yetive like this.
  7. Backroom81

Backroom81 Well-Known Member

Community brand coffee chicory, black. Standard Starbucks coffee is disgusting.

I can't understand the people who claim they love coffee and then proceed to add 15 packages of cream/sugar/flavoring. You don't like coffee, you like sugary milk with hint of coffee flavor.

redeye58, Yetive and Anelmi like this.
  8. tgtguy

tgtguy Well-Known Member

I like a little coffee with my creamer.( I only like the powdered creamer) . I also add a couple packets of Splenda.

9. smashandthrash

Though admittedly I poured a little eggnog into today's first cup.

10. Backroom81

Backroom81 Well-Known Member

By eggnog, you mean whisky right?

PharmaQueen likes this.
  11. smashandthrash

6 months ago you would have been correct

12. Anelmi

Anelmi Active Member

I'm married to a coffee snob. He loves all things coffee culture. He goes to tastings etc. I just got a really good deal on a syphon from Hario for his birthday. Me...I'm not that wacko. I need my coffee everyday and use Starbucks or Peet's beans...whatever is on sale at the grocery. I prefer strong, dark coffee with a bit of milk. No sugar.

13. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Dark, black coffee for me. Cold brew in summer sometimes.
    I use my aeropress at home.

If I have a "fancy" drink, it will be a plain latte made breve. A couple shots and not too much half and half.

TallAPGuy and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  14. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Medium roast, fine grind, a dab of cream & one sugar.
    I never want to overpower the brew with fluff.

Yetive and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  15. Target NPC

Target NPC Bork! Bork! Bork!

I like coffee ice cream. That's about it. Lol. Actually, I feel like the older I get, the more I like coffee...but...I still don't really enjoy it unless it's got a bunch of other bullshit mixed in.

16. Target NPC

Target NPC Bork! Bork! Bork!

17. Flabbergasted

Flabbergasted Ex-GSA

I love coffee in general. I am neither a "black coffee only" or "sugared milk coffee" person...I will happily drink either of those depending on my mood.

For me, coffee with one or two creamer and one sugar in the morning is the standard. Sometimes black though, if I'm feeling it. If I want a coffee dessert, I go for the Sbux frappaccino.

Lattes are great. Espresso coffee is just the greatest gift from God.

18. Deli Ninja

Deli Ninja Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!

I enjoy an undertow with a pump of chestnut praline or toffee nut when it's slow over in Starbucks. The best thing I've made at home so far is a latte using Casi Cielo beans and hazelnut syrup. Recently, it's been pour-overs with whatever beans sound good when I need to buy more, just add a little half and half. My go-to during breaks is cold brew w/ chestnut praline and half and half...

Hardlinesmaster and qmosqueen like this.
  19. smashandthrash

I'm back dowwwwwwwwwn

I'm in the undertow

.....sorry, I was having a moment. Keep going

qmosqueen and Deli Ninja like this.
  20. see spot save

see spot save Perishables Expert

I have two to three cups of coffee on my day off at home, and at least one when I'm at work. I've recently been drinking coffee with breakfast or with desert while out to eat and have gotten used to having just two or three creams and a pack of sugar in it. I do enjoy the coffee flavor.

My regular order at Starbucks is a venti iced coffee with 4 pumps white mocha

Hardlinesmaster and qmosqueen like this.