1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee Addicts: Unite!

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by HardlinesGuy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

So, for whatever reason, I decided to make cold brew. I put it on the breezeway while I was cleaning the fridge and forgot about it. Granitas it is, I guess :rolleyes:.

Anelmi and redeye58 like this.
  2. Zone

Zone Well-Known Member

Legitimate question for y'all. What is it about coffee that you like?

I can count the number of times I've tried coffee on one hand and every time it was terrible. Gritty textures. Bitter tastes. Incredible heart burn after actually finishing one. Each one claimed to have a flavor involved but all I could taste was burned peanut water.

Everyone who realizes I don't like coffee can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact. They'll tell me that it's an acquired taste but I can't see why someone would suffer themselves to like this stuff.

3. Yetive

I like the taste, but I have been drinking coffee since i was a kid. I like bitter flavors. I know plenty of people who dont like coffee. If you are getting coffee with a gritty texture though, that's not right.

TallAPGuy, Anelmi, calimero and 3 others like this.
  4. Deli Ninja

Deli Ninja Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!

It is somewhat of an acquired taste. Beer is very much the same way. Sometimes it's a matter of finding one you like, brewed properly... and for some people coffee is just not their thing. I like coffee because I can taste the differences in a lot of different roasts and I'm the same way with dark beers. They're both bitter drinks, though, with side effects that I enjoy at times. Bottom line is that if you don't like any bitterness, you're probably not going to find a coffee you love.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  5. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Ditto.
    I used to sneak sips out of my grandma's cup.

Yetive likes this.
  6. Leo47

Leo47 Cashier --> Guest

It was weird for me, whenever I tried (warm) coffee i thought it was disgusting. So I assumed I didn't like coffee. But then I tried Starbucks frappuccinos and loved them. And then I went to iced coffee. And now I'm starting to like the taste of warm coffee. It's probably all in my head but I have no clue why temperature affects the taste for me so much??

7. Pelon1071

Pelon1071     よろしくま!

Temperature affects the way the flavors stand out.

redeye58 and Leo47 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    HardlinesGuy

HardlinesGuy TPS turned door greeter.

I love my hot coffee. I can only drink cold coffee with a lot of added in flavor.

9. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Well-Known Member

I tried out the pike's coffee today & it was awesome.

Yetive likes this.
  10. Leo47

Leo47 Cashier --> Guest

Ok but for real the Costco Mocha Freeze is heavenly and it's like $1.49

Deli Ninja likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    HardlinesGuy

Just bought some of the Starbucks vanilla syrup to experiment with. Yum!

Yetive and Deli Ninja like this.
  12. Yetive

13. OP
    OP
    HardlinesGuy

How'd you get a photo of me!? :eek:

14. Yetive

15. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

If OT isn't called for tomorrow, you can bet your sweet ass I'm firing up a fresh pot.

Hardlinesmaster and HardlinesGuy like this.
  16. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

Preparing for liftoff

HardlinesGuy likes this.
  17. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Caffeination Application 2.0 has installed:
    Initiating start-up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  18. TallAPGuy

TallAPGuy Well-Known Member

The darkest of dark roasts for me. It matches my sense of humor and my soul. Although, I only think my soul's dark because it's been saturated by coffee...
    Oh, and no sugar or milk. If I add anything other than eggnog to my coffee it has to have so much chocolate and milk that it's more like hot chocolate than coffee.

HardlinesGuy and Yetive like this.
  19. Firefox

Firefox Backroom/SFS Slug

I used to only be able to really enjoy drinking coffee with some of that Coffee Mate Vanilla creamer stuff in it. When I first started drinking coffee, it would be about half coffee half creamer. Over time I whittled it down to just a splash of creamer. Recently I've been drinking straight black coffee, and it is delightful. I only really enjoy dark roast, anything lighter than that just tastes like dirt water to me. Since I got a Keurig, I've been drinking the Ekocup's Dark coffee.

Hardlinesmaster and Yetive like this.
  20. Deli Ninja

Deli Ninja Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!

I hear that the molten chocolate lava cake latte might be right up your alley, then!