Archived Coming clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobycord

Know a little bit of info about a lot of stuff
so my stores been having A LOT of issues coming clean on truck days. Does anyone have any tips to coming clean on their truck days and if you're not either what are some hurdles that you come in contact with on why it's not getting done. I'm in a LV store and our avg truck is 1800 pieces 3 days a week and a food truck on Sunday.

Are you scheduling people short shifts? 4 hours a piece? On average we have 20 people per truck. Anywhere from 1400-2000. Occasionally we will pull our Plano team in an hour early to help at the tail end of push. And if it's really bad (only once and a while) partner with the SFTLs to do a smart huddle of what's not done. (Baby pallets, seasonal, market carts, etc).

whether or not your store comes clean has a lot to do with how many workers are available, how many hours HR has cut and productivity. If your store has few workers, has cut hours and slow workers then you're pretty much screwed, but that's not your problem that's HR's problem.

Honestly, It all comes down to productivity on the Truck. You need to make sure they're zoning and working their push on the floor in a timely manner. Making sure they have time limits on working pallets.
Your Backroom team should finish Autofills in 2 hrs or less. If they dont have any backstock to work then they can come to the floor and push those areas that need help.

What time is your unload process?

What time is your unload process?[/QUOTE]
We have a 6 o'clock unload. I think we've slowly been finding out and seeing where our flaws are....PRODUCTIVITY

whats your process? im at a 6am store too and at first we struggled with it but we got it down. we have troubles now, but flow has shrunk to less than 10 people and sadly our hours have dropped so they cant hire. this why we have issue with coming clean.
things we did though that made a difference.
-have 5-6 people on the line for a half hour then send them to the floor.
-the etl or team lead need to be at the line and the other pushing where the wave begins so people dont slack.
-reduce your pullers, we had 6 then were down to 3, BUT market pulls the pfresh batches, and the backroom opener helps out too.
-if the first step wont work, then have fewer in at 6, and more in at 6:30. the first team to come in gets the truck going, the second half comes in when boxes are on the floor and has no down time at the start.
-only priortize the areas that are on the perimeter of the store, and then do the middle last.
-finally, keep the wave together and dont spread out too thin! you might think by hitting more areas you are getting more done, but really sprinkling here or there doesnt wet the garden.

We've kinda narrowed it down....PRODUCTIVITY.....so now there's a plan in place that a lot of people are not gonna like smh....micro....management

Productivity is about the right people in the right places to get things done. I wish corporate understood this.

Correct, and I can honestly say through observation and working right alongside the flow team that there are a lot of people on it who are in the wrong place at my store. When you can tell an ETL that you're not gonna zone because the dedicated stocker is a dumb process then obviously it's time to find a new workcenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back