Archived Coming soon to your store

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has an integrated GS so I'm not sure how the separation of returns/online will change for us. The guest still has to wait (sometimes quite a while) for the merchandise to be brought from the backroom. Until they make a designated storage space upfront for all online orders, I don't know that pickup will be faster than what it already is.

It’s not hard to see why Target is eager to make pickup appealing: It’s much easier for an online order to be profitable when it doesn’t have to be delivered to a shopper’s doorstep.
Except if the item has to be shipped to the store, it arrives through a package carrier just like if it was shipped to their doorstep. Absolutely zero cost savings there until they figure out a way to send them on the RDC trailers.

My store has an integrated GS so I'm not sure how the separation of returns/online will change for us. The guest still has to wait (sometimes quite a while) for the merchandise to be brought from the backroom. Until they make a designated storage space upfront for all online orders, I don't know that pickup will be faster than what it already is.

They did pick a few stores to get a large FF pick up area at Guest Service, mine was one of the stores. Photo gone for now, guest service desk blown up and moved(temp spot) and some of the offices are going lose a bunch of space to create the large holding area.

Except if the item has to be shipped to the store, it arrives through a package carrier just like if it was shipped to their doorstep. Absolutely zero cost savings there until they figure out a way to send them on the RDC trailers.
I think they were talking about SFS orders (where the product is available in-store) or the regular flexible fulfillment process, not Ship To Store.

Last edited:
With all the guests that come to our guest service trying to pull off scams, I wouldn't be surprised if all those items in front of the counter get stolen.

They're just hoping to get use out of all the excess Curbside t-shirts they ordered. I know we have damn near a whole pallet full.

lmao @ single price point endcaps being a "new" strategy.
lmao @ painting the service desk two different colors differentiating between pickups and returns when there will still be 1 person total that is expected to handle returns AND pickups.

Just further confirmation that it's not quite as simple as saying that they don't care at corporate what ramifications payroll cuts have to stores, rather that it's some combination of that and the fact that they are completely disconnected from how stores actually operate. For fucks sake. The entire corporate exec team needs to get off of their lazy asses and take over the role of a team member for one to two months at a store. That literally should be a job requirement. To serve on the board, you must spend one to two months as a team member in stores every single year.
Oh and no insurance or living wage at that time.

I think they were talking about SFS orders (where the product is available in-store) or the regular flexible fulfillment process, not Ship To Store.
They were referring to Order Pickup. Which if you choose that option when purchasing online, can be either SPU or STS. The website has integrated both of those options into the same "pick up in store" button.

The main difference is that if the item is in stock, it will tell you pickup time is 2 hours, and if it's not in stock, it will tell you pickup time is in 4-7 days.

They were referring to Order Pickup. Which if you choose that option when purchasing online, can be either SPU or STS. The website has integrated both of those options into the same "pick up in store" button.

The main difference is that if the item is in stock, it will tell you pickup time is 2 hours, and if it's not in stock, it will tell you pickup time is in 4-7 days.
Gotcha, now I see what you were referring to. Thanks!

My store has a pickup section under construction the past week. Anyone else's store have anything similar going on?

My store has a pickup section under construction the past week. Anyone else's store have anything similar going on?

Yep supposedly their are five stores getting a larger pick up area at guest services. Mine is one of them. I am already getting tired of people asking where guest services is.. As they are standing in front of the counter that is guest services and the sign that says "Guest Services."

Yep supposedly their are five stores getting a larger pick up area at guest services. Mine is one of them. I am already getting tired of people asking where guest services is.. As they are standing in front of the counter that is guest services and the sign that says "Guest Services."
Yeah it's literally the first thing you see when you walk into the store.

The pick up area for my store is going to be in the back of the store, so if people aske me where guest services is, and they find out they can't do pick ups there, you'll have to be redirected to the back of the store.

Last edited:
Yeah it's literally the first thing you see when you walk into the store.

The pick up area for my store is going to be in the back of the store, so if people aske me where guest services is, and they find out they can't do pick ups there, you'll have to be redirected to the back of the store.

We would love that but our layout won't allow it.

We would love that but our layout won't allow it.
Hopefully it'll cut down the lines, but i know there are going to be people that wait on line for 10 minutes only to be directed to the back of the store. Hopefully the signs will be clear enough.

We have a designated storage space. It's getting removed for a family bathroom because HURR DURR THE TRANS PEOPLE

We have a sign that says "Guest Services". It's hanging over photo lab and people like to wait over there for a return instead of going to the actual guest services where someone actually it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back