Archived coming up close to 90 days at Target, help helpful hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jfk1963

So, I'm coming up close to 90 days at Target. we are a smaller Target. I work on the Market team. (Non seasonal) I've been reminded by my leaders a couple of times over the past few weeks to work a bit more efficiently. Basically, don't over do it. Fill up your cart full with product so you don't have to take multiple trips to the backroom. My team lead reminded me of this a couple of weeks ago. But, they want to said they want some improvement on that aspect. So, I told my HR lady that next time I work I'm going to focus more on what really needs to get filled. She said that is a good idea. Anyway, I got a compliment from both my store lead and team lead the other day for getting everything on my list done. Anyway, I get a long with my teammates, I come up to cashier during my first responded hours, I've never been late, never called in. Not had any issues with guests. I'm not an amazing team member. But, I do what i'm asked to do my leaders. I just want some wise words and any suggestions, Will I be fine with Target?

qmosqueen, Yeah it's just they have given me the same tips about being efficient a couple of times. Normal?

qmosqueen, Yeah it's just they have given me the same tips about being efficient a couple of times. Normal?

Normal. Nothing to get anxious about. I will literally stuff my carts full and I mean "stuff" to prevent more trips than needed. I almost always use the same cart with the same items in it for backstock so I can backstock it all at once and have more three tiers readily available.

TTGOz, Thanks. Yeah we can fit a lot on the green carts we use for Meat and Produce. The thing that is a pain is that we fill milk on the floor because are dairy cooler is in the backroom.

Just the fact that you care about your 90 day review, shows that you’ll be fine. Spot always finds something to complain about, but you already sound leaps and bounds above an average team member because you actually give a shit.

Don’t worry about your review. It’s all corporate bull anyways.

I certainly do. I chatted with my HR lady to reassure her that I’m going to work even harder. Yeah it’s coming up in a few days. So there is so sit down thing at 90 days or just another day at spot?

I certainly do. I chatted with my HR lady to reassure her that I’m going to work even harder. Yeah it’s coming up in a few days. So there is so sit down thing at 90 days or just another day at spot?
Personally my "90 day talk" didn't happen until almost 120 days, but this might just be because I was very well liked by all the leaders. My "90 day talk" was essentially just going into the team lead office with my TL and she asked me questions about how my training went (when I first started), what they could do to improve it, and that was basically it. Nothing like "we're keeping you!" or anything. I think unless they specifically tell you that you aren't staying, it is to be assumed that you are.

I did have a 60 day review. My team lead did tell me two weeks ago where I can improve. I just gotta keep showing that. Do they give you a few warnings before they let you go. I know I’m just worrying about nothing. I just wanna know.

As long as you're working good and not just standing around or being an idiot, you'll be fine. Also having good attendance is key.

If you're fine with all that then they'll keep you.

The ones that have or will be let go at my store have just been completely useless

Yeah..I’ve been there every day that I’ve scheduled, always on time. Even picked up a couple of 8 hour shifts when I was asked by my leader.

You should be okay

Typically when people aren't kept they can see it coming.

They don't wait too close to your 90th day.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, I really can’t stand people who call in sick all the time or pull NCNS’s.

Yeah I’m on the books to work the next two weeks. So yeah.

Yeah I’m on the books to work the next two weeks. So yeah.

You're likely fine but you can't go by the schedule. Seasonal guy in my backroom was let go a week ago and he was listed on the schedule up until the end of this week. So from what he saw he was scheduled to work just as much as everyone else.

You'll be fine

Makes sense, It's just I get worked up about nothing. I know were cutting hours big time this week because after the New Year.

You're likely fine but you can't go by the schedule. Seasonal guy in my backroom was let go a week ago and he was listed on the schedule up until the end of this week. So from what he saw he was scheduled to work just as much as everyone else.

You'll be fine

I'm not a seasonal T.M. But, when do start really letting them go? Does Target change your hours up till the last day much? I have not come across that yet.

I'm not a seasonal T.M. But, when do start really letting them go? Does Target change your hours up till the last day much? I have not come across that yet.

Depends on the store. Seasonals at my store last year started to get let go the 2nd week of January unless you really fucked up and got let go beforehand. They only had convos with the people who were NOT staying as me and my friend who were kept just continued to be on the schedule.

I did ask my TL beforehand when they would let us know who is staying and who isnt and told me that I will be kept but to keep it on the downlow :D

I know they were asking seasons if they wanted to stay or not. I know this much, wwere pretty short staffed at my store. But, that's pretty normal at most every place. That was true at a grocery store I worked at.

So, I'm coming up close to 90 days at Target. we are a smaller Target. I work on the Market team. (Non seasonal) I've been reminded by my leaders a couple of times over the past few weeks to work a bit more efficiently. Basically, don't over do it. Fill up your cart full with product so you don't have to take multiple trips to the backroom. My team lead reminded me of this a couple of weeks ago. But, they want to said they want some improvement on that aspect. So, I told my HR lady that next time I work I'm going to focus more on what really needs to get filled. She said that is a good idea. Anyway, I got a compliment from both my store lead and team lead the other day for getting everything on my list done. Anyway, I get a long with my teammates, I come up to cashier during my first responded hours, I've never been late, never called in. Not had any issues with guests. I'm not an amazing team member. But, I do what i'm asked to do my leaders. I just want some wise words and any suggestions, Will I be fine with Target?
Yeah you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back