Archived Common Guest Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a hardlines TM, I know part of my job will be helping guests. What are some examples of the most common ways of helping exactly? Common questions? I imagine, "Where is so and so product?", or perhaps lifting a heavy item off the shelf...just curious.

I have only done a few hardlines shifts but I assume it varies depending on where you are in the store. The common ones are where is such and such? Do you have more of such and such in the back?(check mydevice).

Most in depth questions go to the front end so you really do not have much to worry about.

As a hardlines TM, I know part of my job will be helping guests. What are some examples of the most common ways of helping exactly? Common questions? I imagine, "Where is so and so product?", or perhaps lifting a heavy item off the shelf...just

I would say the common question is do you carry [random items from appliances, softlines, or groceries] ? You can always ask over the radio if you dont know or use your my device if your lucky to have one. Doesn't help to know whats on sale or on cartwheel because people will occasionally ask for deals/discounts. Then second question would be do you have more of this in stock which you would use a my device to look. Other than wheres guest service or restrooms, it will depend on the person, day or year what question you will get asked.

Today while trying to take a flat to the backroom

1st guest Where are the vacuum bags.
2nd guest I'm looking for a soap dish. Show him soap dishes in bathroom stuff. No to take into the shower at the gym While I'm taking him to the travel sizes 3rd guest asks where the ice cube trays are. You will be asked anything and everything. I have never been asked out, lol, but I was asked if I come here often.

Haha...wife and I want to get that for Christmas ;) It's been out of stock online...

Same thing with speak out game.
I have never actually seen the box for this game and I absolutely despise it anyway.

I had a lady call to see if we had one in stock because the website said we do. I checked everywhere I know to check and..nope..but the mydevice says 0 on the floor, 0 in the back, aaaaaaaaaand 2 on hand..so of course so does the site.

I tell her nope sorry probably just a miscount, just keep calling back in the mornings...

"Backroom, new FA!"

...."phibot, I can't find speak out anywhere..can you help me find it?"

WHY

I have never actually seen the box for this game and I absolutely despise it anyway.

I had a lady call to see if we had one in stock because the website said we do. I checked everywhere I know to check and..nope..but the mydevice says 0 on the floor, 0 in the back, aaaaaaaaaand 2 on hand..so of course so does the site.
I tell her nope sorry probably just a miscount, just keep calling back in the mornings...
"Backroom, new FA!"
...."phibot, I can't find speak out anywhere..can you help me find it?"
WHY
I tried researching the game, yesterday & the system won't take it. I have been researching for 4 weeks straight.

"Can you check the back and see which Hot Wheels/Marvel characters you have? My kids really want the ones they don't have already."

I really want to tell them the kids story is not fooling anyone, but I only say we are not allowed to search for specific characters in our backroom.

"Can you check the back and see which Hot Wheels/Marvel characters you have? My kids really want the ones they don't have already."

I really want to tell them the kids story is not fooling anyone, but I only say we are not allowed to search for specific characters in our backroom.

We usually just tell the guests we don't have any in the backroom. It's easier than trying to explain the policy and having them throw a hissy fit.

I remember processing a MIR for that Speak Out game. I assumed it was a "holy shit this was a bad idea, let's get it off the shelves" kind of deal. I was very disappointed when I got the Redwire saying "recall's over, we're sending you more to go on the shelves."

I assume that's followed up with an actual question ;)
Of course. But I figured I should warn you :)

Any time I set foot on the sales floor I get logical, well thought-out questions like "Do you know about how many sea monkeys come in a pack?" or "I bought a dozen eggs here a few weeks ago, how long after the expiration do you think they're good?"... I wouldn't mind constantly being stopped if the questions were normal, regarding stuff we actually stock or answerable at all.

Protip: Know the home locations of items in your department, but also secondary locations. You'll seem more knowledgeable, and be more helpful. For example, I do electronics which also encompasses toys, sporting goods, etc. If a guest asks me where the water bottles are, I direct them to where we have it in sporting goods, but also the flexed endcaps from BTS, as well as where they're located in kitchen dept.

Besides, it would be embarrassing if you told them the new DVD is out of stock since it wasn't in entertainment, and then they pass an endcap full of it at the checklanes on their way out.

Bonus points if you know locations of the commonly asked about items not in the area you cover. For me, this is air conditioners, light bulbs, and some home improvement items.

Last edited:
I assume I'll be trained on the correct responses to these questions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back