Archived Compliance Fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this BS the ETL HR keeps saying about our store getting fined $10,000 for each meal compliance violation???

Our state does not even have a break or meal law!

In some states its breaking the law to have people go into compliance, and I guess Target is serious about just really cracking down on stores in general since it makes for a hostile work environment when people can build a case for Target/ETLs/whoever screwing them out of breaks or not letting them eat after a decent amount of time.

These were people that stayed 15 minutes or more after their shift and they hit "on the clock for 6 continuous hours. "

What is this BS the ETL HR keeps saying about our store getting fined $10,000 for each meal compliance violation???

Our state does not even have a break or meal law!

If the department of labor audits a store it's thousands of dollars for each violation. In California you can be fired for hitting compliance.

It's simple take your lunches on time...

If the department of labor audits a store it's thousands of dollars for each violation. In California you can be fired for hitting compliance.

It's simple take your lunches on time...
I think the point the OP is trying to make is that there are no meal regulations or related fines in non-worker friendly states.

My store doesn't make a big deal out of it as long as it's not a habit. You just sign in the binder next to your violation, and go on with your day. No coachings or mentioning made-up fines.

My store doesn't make a big deal out of it as long as it's not a habit. You just sign in the binder next to your violation, and go on with your day. No coachings or mentioning made-up fines.

I can see that. It's a big metric for HRs though so I'm kind of surprised yours is lackasdaical about it.

Like overtime, a store that doesn't control compliance can be red YTD and etls/stl can lose bonus money over it.

So, does the district charge a store a "fine" for compliance violations or not??

So, does the district charge a store a "fine" for compliance violations or not??

The company may hit the store with some kind of major ding if there are enough violations.
The kind of ding that would mean they will get a lot more direct supervision from the DTL and DHR if they can't meet compliance.
This would happen even if they are in a state where the laws aren't as strict as California or New York where there are cash fines from the government.
From their perspective it means the leaders are falling down on a basic part of their job.
You can bet the STL and ETLs want no part of that, so shit is going to roll down hill.

Last edited:
I was told about this when I was hired 3 days ago, for some reason it scares the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back