Archived Compliance Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit compliance yesterday, totally my fault and was stupid for allowing it. Anyway, after I had hit compliance the TL comes up to me and tells me that I need to clock out because I've hit compliance. I know I've hit compliance before but was never talked to about and never signed anything. Will these past violations come up in talks about this one?

If it has happened more than once, yeh they'll talk about it as it indicates a pattern.
I would ask them why you weren't talked to after the first instance, tho.
At my store the ETL pulls you in for a 'chat' & has you sign that you acknowledge it.
If it happens again in a short time frame, you get coached.
If it keeps recurring they'll go thru CA, reducing your hrs to avoid hitting compliance, etc.

1. You are responsible to keep track of your breaks.
2. Your TL and ETLs should also be tracking your breaks.

If you are not being allowed to take breaks at a reasonable time, then it needs to be reported.

As others have suggested on other threads, set an alarm on your phone giving you a 15 minute window (gives you time in case you can't evade guests on the way to the timeclock).
Set it from the time you clock in, not scheduled start time.

If you didn't sign anything the first time then you should be fine. This one will probably be a corrective action. After that, if you get another(within 6 months) you get put on a final. If you get another within 6 months of that one, its a term.

If you're in your probationary period (first three months), it can be an instant term. If not, you most likely won't lose your job over it. Just don't do it again.

I fully expect to be terminated, just wish I didn't have to show up for it to happen though. No matter how I try to explain myself I know there is no excuse, but the root cause is I've only hit compliance on 5hr shifts (it's 5 hrs in my state) when i'm the only closer in soft lines. Trying to do reshop and make every department look decent can really make me lose Track of time.

Like what @redeye58 said about setting an alarm. If you don't carry your phone with you on the sales floor, you should also be able to set an alarm on your MyDevice instead. Or just invest in a digital watch. Hehe. I've never hit compliance before. Luckily on the front end, we send people to clock out 5-3 minutes before they need to clock out anyway. On the sales floor, you should have more freedom as you're not stuck on a lane. The scariest part is getting stopped by a guest on your way to clock out. So maybe set your watch to beep 10 minutes before you need to leave, that way you have time to put your stuff away, and then again at 5 minutes, so you know to start heading to the time clock.

I fully expect to be terminated, just wish I didn't have to show up for it to happen though. No matter how I try to explain myself I know there is no excuse, but the root cause is I've only hit compliance on 5hr shifts (it's 5 hrs in my state) when i'm the only closer in soft lines. Trying to do reshop and make every department look decent can really make me lose Track of time.

Set an alarm and don't be afraid to throw some of the heat back on the person who writes the schedule, for two reasons. Only having one closer, and not shorting you to a 4hr 45min shift for exactly this reason. I am in a 5hr state as well, that 15min swing gives you time to get to the clock with getting cleaned up or at least leaving stuff in a place that can be picked up later.

My store is a 6 hour compliance store. If I'm scheduled for a 6 hour shift, then I'm required to take a lunch, not hope I can click our before I hit the 6 hour mark. So, if you have a 5 hour shift, then you should also be taking a lunch, unless you discuss it prior with your LOD.

My store is a 6 hour compliance store. If I'm scheduled for a 6 hour shift, then I'm required to take a lunch, not hope I can click our before I hit the 6 hour mark. So, if you have a 5 hour shift, then you should also be taking a lunch, unless you discuss it prior with your LOD.

Nope. Not taking a lunch cause you are allowed to work for 5hrs/6hrs before a lunch break. Its called you walk off the floor before you need to punch out.

Nope. Not taking a lunch cause you are allowed to work for 5hrs/6hrs before a lunch break. Its called you walk off the floor before you need to punch out.
Hmm, at my store we're required to take a lunch.

Set an alarm and don't be afraid to throw some of the heat back on the person who writes the schedule, for two reasons. Only having one closer, and not shorting you to a 4hr 45min shift for exactly this reason. I am in a 5hr state as well, that 15min swing gives you time to get to the clock with getting cleaned up or at least leaving stuff in a place that can be picked up later.
Like what @redeye58 said about setting an alarm. If you don't carry your phone with you on the sales floor, you should also be able to set an alarm on your MyDevice instead. Or just invest in a digital watch. Hehe. I've never hit compliance before. Luckily on the front end, we send people to clock out 5-3 minutes before they need to clock out anyway. On the sales floor, you should have more freedom as you're not stuck on a lane. The scariest part is getting stopped by a guest on your way to clock out. So maybe set your watch to beep 10 minutes before you need to leave, that way you have time to put your stuff away, and then again at 5 minutes, so you know to start heading to the time clock.
I wasn't fired, but it looks like I'll be scheduled for mostly 4 hour shifts from now on, time to go crazy on the swap shift board.

1. You are responsible to keep track of your breaks.
2. Your TL and ETLs should also be tracking your breaks.

If you are not being allowed to take breaks at a reasonable time, then it needs to be reported.

Yeah, that is kind of impossible when you're a cashier or other front end. Good luck getting your break before hour 3, lunch before hour 5....

If you're in your probationary period (first three months), it can be an instant term. If not, you most likely won't lose your job over it. Just don't do it again.

I hit compliance my first week. They just explained to me what it was and told me never to let it happen again.

At my store, if you're under 6 hours all you get is a fifteen, even if you're 5 hours and 45 minutes.

Yeah, that is kind of impossible when you're a cashier or other front end. Good luck getting your break before hour 3, lunch before hour 5....

I hit compliance my first week. They just explained to me what it was and told me never to let it happen again.

That never happens in our front end. For the most part, all front end team members get some kind of break every 2 hours as long as they're scheduled long enough for said break. The only exception is sometimes Guest Service and the GSA/GSTL if we have little coverage. Cause hey, why on earth would a GSA need a break? /s

For real though, 90% of the time my cashiers are never even within an hour of hitting compliance. Does your GSA/GSTL just not schedule breaks properly?

All the easier then. GSTLs and GSAs need to be scheduling the daily break/lunch schedule for each cashier. If a cashier is getting close to compliance, then the cashier needs to calling or waving down the GSTL/GSA to send them. If the cashier hits compliance, then the cashier can state they communicated with the GSTL/GSA but they didn't not send the cashier in a timely manner.

Plan A is always the GSA giving you your breaks on time, but here's a crazy trick: if you look at your screen there's a clock on it and if you look at the pole that holds up the light for your lane there are two little switches. If you're 30 min from hitting compliance, turn off the bottom one and turn on the top one. As if by magic, the GSA will appear, and when you let her know you're a half hour away from compliance, she will make all your guests disappear so that you can go on your 30.

Plan A is always the GSA giving you your breaks on time, but here's a crazy trick: if you look at your screen there's a clock on it and if you look at the pole that holds up the light for your lane there are two little switches. If you're 30 min from hitting compliance, turn off the bottom one and turn on the top one. As if by magic, the GSA will appear, and when you let her know you're a half hour away from compliance, she will make all your guests disappear so that you can go on your 30.
Just make sure your register has the right time! I was on one that was an hour behind and was asking to take my break. Didn't realize I had only been there an hour! Lol.

If you're on a final for compliance, if you quit and apply again within like 3 months, will it go away (like get a fresh, clean slate)?

If you quit when you're on ANY corrective action, it used to make you automatically non-rehireable but these days, ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back