Archived Condescending Quote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit, a lady did that today. Loads up my SD counter, I start bagging, she says she has her own bag. I'm thinking, okay, she'd going to bag her shit.
I tell her, this is rung up, this is rung up, and making a pile of rung up stuff as she's piling up new stuff. Get it all rung up, tell her the total, she hands me the bag.

OH HELL NO! Fucking shit is closer to her than me, she can bad that shit, I got a line and I'm moving to the next register after I hand her the receipt. That's some entitled shit right there.

"Do I bring this to you?" Said by somebody who walked all the way from pushing up front, back to me with Bullseyes Playground defectives.

"Do I bring this to you?" Said by somebody who walked all the way from pushing up front, back to me with Bullseyes Playground defectives.
Please tell me you made them take it back up front...

Please tell me you made them take it back up front...
Oh yeah. They said they weren't sure guest service could take care of that.

So I reassured them that the front end does in fact have a trash can for broken glass.

it's almost painful after being asked that 4 times before the 5th person asks. "YOU HAVING FUN YET BOYO?" ... not anymore.
Me to self-check out: “Scan my stuff. You’re clearly not doing anything”

Funny right? I’ll be here all week :(

Oh boy, youre a PMT doing cashier? That honestly reeks

Aww hell naw. I talk smack to the tm’s Stuck with self-checkout is what I meant.

We do have a PMT in my district who wears red and khaki twice a week and works flow “because his ETL-Log asked nicely”. That’s a different story though

Bathrooms:
"Your bathrooms haven't been cleaned in a month!!!"
"We do hourly checks"
"Uh, no you don't"
okay, what do I know? /shrug

Target Cafe:
/lights are out, water running in the back while I wash dishes
"Excuse me?" /Guest POKES HEAD INTO BACK STOREROOM "Excuse me, can you please take my order?"

"Can I get a return on x food? I didn't like it."
"Do you have the food?"
"No, I threw it away last night. And I don't have the receipt."

"You guys are always out of something! I hate coming here!" /shows up again next week

"You guys are always out of something! I hate coming here!" /shows up again next week

The struggle is real, when I worked at Subway it'd be insanely busy and of course it was always the night that one person comes in and goes "YOURE ALWAYS OUT OF WHAT I WANT THIS IS WHY I NEVER COME TO THIS SUBWAY"

I feel like there's some shit Food Ave workers go through, I just know it, because Subway was exactly the same customer-wise.

Oh boy, youre a PMT doing cashier? That honestly reeks

It's against the pmts directives to get on a lane. Same as tps/APS if I remember correctly.

It's against the pmts directives to get on a lane. Same as tps/APS if I remember correctly.
PMT can log on to registers. Although I doubt any would be caught dead actually checking anyone out.

Yes.

PMT can log on to registers. Although I doubt any would be caught dead actually checking anyone out.

Also, yes. That’s for troubleshooting, testing, and quarterly PM stuff though.

I get a red invalid team member screen when I try to log on, even to empty package as-is stickers. Can be frustrating at times.

Well the most annoying line that seems to be indoctrinated into ETLs is

"Your [enter team members position] looks bored, give them something to do". *Walks off texting on phone*

After they just got done doing a bunch of stuff and you happen to pick on them when they had a quick minute of down time. It's like they think people = machines.

To SCO cashier:

"YO!" *snaps finger and points at the machine*

- item isn't in the system and clearly is an online item. During the process of GSTL looking up the item, this line is said by the guest almost 100% of the time:

"I got it off the clearance rack"

(-___-)

"Well you need to go back there and change the sign because that's what it says"

"Oh I don't have a smartphone. Why can't I just use your cartwheel?"

"I mean I'm a target customer. I even have your card."

*Return without receipt*

"I paid more than that! I understand I don't have a receipt, but this is unfair!"

"Where on the receipt does it say I can't return airbeds? Show me!"

"I don't have my RedCard. Why can't you look it up with my social? I did it before!"

*Paying with RedCard

"I don't have a pin!"

To SCO cashier:

"YO!" *snaps finger and points at the machine*

- item isn't in the system and clearly is an online item. During the process of GSTL looking up the item, this line is said by the guest almost 100% of the time:

"I got it off the clearance rack"

(-___-)

I have this issue at least twice a shift.

"Well you need to go back there and change the sign because that's what it says"

"Oh I don't have a smartphone. Why can't I just use your cartwheel?"

"I mean I'm a target customer. I even have your card."

*Return without receipt*

"I paid more than that! I understand I don't have a receipt, but this is unfair!"

"Where on the receipt does it say I can't return airbeds? Show me!"

"I don't have my RedCard. Why can't you look it up with my social? I did it before!"

*Paying with RedCard

"I don't have a pin!"
I’ve gotten basically all of those. Luckily our GS registers have a sign next to them that lists that open airbeds must be exchanged not returned.

"Can you sell the display?"
"Sorry ma'am, we're not allowed to sell our furniture displays"
"Why not? THE OTHER TARGET sold me theirs last week!"

"If you get any Harry Potter socks in can you put my name on them and hold them for me? THE OTHER TARGET did it for me yesterday!"

"Can you give me 100% off this 4K TV because of this microscopic ding in one corner of the box?" THE OTHER TARGET manager approved it!"

I should really see about transferring to THE OTHER TARGET of legend, sounds like a magical place of enchantment where there's no rules and anything goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back