Confused about documentation

After I coach a team member verbally,how long do I have to document it on the system to be valid still? I’ve been told from my Etl hr, I only have a couple weeks max, but it’s been almost a month and I wanted to know before hand if I can still do it,and if it’ll be valid.

It used to be within 90 days before the new workday. If i remember coachings were still valid for a year from the date they were given. Pro tip: enter it into workday the day you do it to avoid further issue.

honestly if it was a month ago, i'd just let it go and continue to observe the team member. it doesn't really seem fair to come back to something that happened a month ago and document it. i always document my conversations immediately after i have them so i don't forget about it.

honestly if it was a month ago, i'd just let it go and continue to observe the team member. it doesn't really seem fair to come back to something that happened a month ago and document it. i always document my conversations immediately after i have them so i don't forget about it.

I agree with this, and I'll add on that I would probably include in the next coaching for the same issue "on _____ I gave you a verbal warning about __________" or something to that effect.

Did you actually coach a month ago, or was the issue a month ago? If you had the convo, type it up in Workday. If you didn't address the issue at the time, a month is too long.

As long as you had the conversation you can enter into WorkDay later but a month is pretty bad. You try within 24 hours to document. It won’t really matter at this point because you need a conversation a week for 3 weeks to move to a CA. If you go longer then 10 days in between conversations you start over.

Back