Archived Considering going to my old store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering going to my old store and asking for my job back. My STL actually called me shortly after I left for SCEA and asked me to come back..... I turned her down, so obviously that offer is not on the table.

However, I am considering just going in and seeing what happens if I ask. I applied online at another Target store because I had hoped to avoid the embarrassment of having to go back to my old store after losing my job.... haven't heard a damn word. I just don't see any way around it at this point. Bills are coming due and I am probably going to have to sacrifice my pride.

I left on good terms with 2 weeks notice. I should be eligible to come back. I guess I will see how "rehireable" you are after leaving on good terms with 2 weeks notice.

Now I need to decide which ETL to approach and/or STL. Going to be damn embarrassing....

I am considering going to my old store and asking for my job back. My STL actually called me shortly after I left for SCEA and asked me to come back..... I turned her down, so obviously that offer is not on the table.

However, I am considering just going in and seeing what happens if I ask. I applied online at another Target store because I had hoped to avoid the embarrassment of having to go back to my old store after losing my job.... haven't heard a damn word. I just don't see any way around it at this point. Bills are coming due and I am probably going to have to sacrifice my pride.

I left on good terms with 2 weeks notice. I should be eligible to come back. I guess I will see how "rehireable" you are after leaving on good terms with 2 weeks notice.

Now I need to decide which ETL to approach and/or STL. Going to be damn embarrassing....

I think going back to your old store is the only chance you have of getting rehired at this point in 4Q. I didn't suggest it at first b/c I know I would be embarrassed about it too, but looking at it from an outside perspective, I don't think you should be. Again, I would feel the same way though.

I would talk to your old stl,unless you were rude when you turned her down,the personal touch has a better chance of working,applying online puts you in with the crowd and whats the real chance of getting hired the week before Christmas?.Steel yourself up and go for the face to face.

If you go back in, simply say it didn't work out. No need to elaborate. They'd be foolish to pass up an experienced TM during Q4.

You also mentioned an Assoc degree. Any chance of going back to school via grants to finish up a bachelor's?

If you go back in, simply say it didn't work out. No need to elaborate. They'd be foolish to pass up an experienced TM during Q4.

You also mentioned an Assoc degree. Any chance of going back to school via grants to finish up a bachelor's?

I think it is going to take me a few days to work up the nerve to go in and talk to them.

Not a chance of getting a bachelor's. Truth is, I don't have what it takes for that kind of degree.

Have you tried other retailers? Distribution centers? What's your resume look like?

I would hate to have to go to another retailer. At least with Target, I would have experience and it wouldn't be like starting from scratch. At another retailer, it is basically starting from ground zero. I'm not saying I expect to start back as a TL. Obviously I will have to accept a TM spot, but at least one day I might make it back up to TL again.

You sound pathetic, not saying that in a personal attack way but in a self pity way. If you lose some arrogance and use what Target has taught you and put it in play with another company or store then you'll be a rockstar. If you go back to your store then don't get angry or upset when you're treated different by everyone. If you don't think you can get a degree in whatever your major is then change it.

I would actually agree with the different retailer suggestion. Usually TMs that are frustrated end up going outside the company and getting better positions. Or look at ads for shift or department supervisors out of retail. Dont sell yourself short thats how most people get stuck in long term low positions anyway. Or if you cant stomach going back to your old store do you have a good relationship with any ETLs at stores you repped? Or ETLs you knew from your store who are now elsewhere? Keep looking. Dont shortchange yourself.

I'd think you have a better shot going back to Target, as difficult as that may be for your pride. If you apply to a different company, then the reference from Sony might kill your chances. Go back to Target, talk to the highest ranking person you know, work for a year and then try another company.

You'll be fine. Everybody makes mistakes. Not only can you learn from it, the next guy you work for will appreciate that you learned from your mistakes and came out a better person, not a bitter person. Good luck!

I would hate to have to go to another retailer. At least with Target, I would have experience and it wouldn't be like starting from scratch. At another retailer, it is basically starting from ground zero. I'm not saying I expect to start back as a TL. Obviously I will have to accept a TM spot, but at least one day I might make it back up to TL again.

Another quote from a previous post:
Lots of TLs want to convince themselves they are more than they are. They want to go around and feel good about themselves while thinking they are a "manager", but they really aren't. I'm not saying I am perfect. The first year I promoted to TL I thought the same way. "Oh look at me! I'm in charge!" After about a year, I realized I was no better than any other TM and I certainly was not a "manager". TLs at my store had so little authority it was pathetic, and I actually felt embarrassed that I was so self diluted that I convinced myself I was a manager.

Why would you want to "make it back up to TL again"???
Don't waste your time with spot, we don't need your negative attitude infecting the company.
Yes, I will take fries with that, and a shake. Thanks SOT

Don't waste your time with spot, we don't need your negative attitude infecting the company.
A little too late for that....lol
@SOT
Suck it up; go in with your head up, shoulders back; ask for a chance to prove yourself again.
The worst they can say is no but you won't know until you go.

If you left on good terms and your STL called you to see if you'd come back, then they obviously valued you as a TM.
Swallow your pride. Be humble. It is likely that people will have respect for you....coming back. If they don't respect you....if you get rehired, what does it matter what they think? Talk to the STL. What have you got to lose?

The STL may want still want you to come back. Go to the source that came to you in the first place. Perhaps you'll start as a regular TM, but work hard and you may get a promotion. Stay with Target and then you'll have some references who will be great for you for when (and if) you go job hunting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back