Cops shoot Pokémon thief

There’s not much info on why the police fired on the thieves. But, 12 police vehicles on scene for a group of guys stealing Pokémon and pizza is already overkill. I can only image how those crooks felt, being young and dumb… the adrenaline and who knows what else.

Still, nobody should be shot for stealing Pokémon cards.

That store must not get a lot of theft because no way would my store be calling the police over pizza and Pokemon cards. That's why we have AP.

There’s not much info on why the police fired on the thieves. But, 12 police vehicles on scene for a group of guys stealing Pokémon and pizza is already overkill. I can only image how those crooks felt, being young and dumb… the adrenaline and who knows what else.

Still, nobody should be shot for stealing Pokémon cards.
Only in Florida..... :rolleyes:

This is crazy. Why was there that big of a response for a pizza and Pokémon cards? There must be more information that they aren't releasing.

I wonder how long until we won't be selling Pokémon cards again.

This is crazy. Why was there that big of a response for a pizza and Pokémon cards? There must be more information that they aren't releasing.
cops gotta justify their salaries. seems like we have all the information
I wonder how long until we won't be selling Pokémon cards again.
no reason to stop unless you’re (rightfully) concerned that cops will just start showing up at stores and shooting guests buying them

It looks like the alleged shoplifter(s) were fleeing from the police, which is never a smart idea. Evading police questioning inevitably raises an officer's suspicion level. I imagine the police officer involved in the shooting is going to be in extremely serious trouble -- putting it mildly, as well as the fellow officers at the scene.

The article omits the race of the alleged shoplifters, which is often a huge concern in these cases. Given the bizarre and volatile nature of the Pokemon card grey market and black market trading, why doesn't Target return to banning Pokemon cards from stores and make them online-only purchases? There's a huge risk to the safety and well-being of TMs and guests, plus the risk of terrifying AP and law enforcement encounters. Target's corporate reputation is at stake here - get rid of Pokemon cards from the stores and make them online-only, it isn't worth the trivial profit Target earns on (price-controlled) Pokemon products.

Need to see body cam footage asap. This is why they tell us not to engage with shoplifters.

Yes I understand police were just responding to a suspicious vehicle. But best not to escalate.

Back