Archived Corporate Sales Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeautyGirl

Beauty & Tech Lead
So I'm in a pilot store and later this month, I have to go to a training event that is being hosted by a third party because I'm the beauty and tech lead. It's on one of my scheduled days off that week, and I'm also scheduled 5 days, so technically going to it would put me in overtime. Does this mean that this training (which is 7 hours) is not paid? Or am I actually getting overtime? Is anyone else doing this?

If you're going for training it will be paid. I would assume someone will notice you're approaching OT and adjust the rest of your schedule accordingly.

Training is paid. However, as IWish said, someone should notice you're approaching OT, and your schedule will likely be cut later in the week. Now at my store that is usually caught until late in the week.
So you can let it go and possibly get Friday or Saturday off, or if you prefer to have off a different day, you can point out the scheduling error and suggest what day you should take off to prevent the OT. Makes you look good and gives you off on the day you select.

Notify your leadership so they can adjust accordingly.
A possibility is that the training will be bankrolled by the third party & your store would write off any OT to them.

A possibility is that the training will be bankrolled by the third party & your store would write off any OT to them.
Hmmm didn't think about that

Why would a third party pay to train Target tms?

Sorry, let me try that again.
Corp will likely pay for the training so your store could still write off any OT to corp.
BUT they could still cut some of your shifts to avoid OT.
Depends on corp.

It could be that corporate as a whole is billing the hours for training, not your store, so your store can charge your hours to them. I've had my overtime billed to another store when I went there for support help; not the same situation but it could possibly be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back