Archived Corrective action for zebra device

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the deal with people getting written up for not turning in device? Is that possible? I mean where does it say something like that? A team member was asking me about that and I didn't know what they were talking about. Can I get some help please.

You sign it out, sign it back in. You don't and its lost or destroyed? - You get the CA for it.. More than possible its exactly what should happen. These things are a grand a piece.

We have two already missing. Logs and camera coverage have saved a couple asses.. And sent others down in flames..

So what is the deal with people getting written up for not turning in device? Is that possible? I mean where does it say something like that? A team member was asking me about that and I didn't know what they were talking about. Can I get some help please.

From my experience with other jobs. If you do anything that is a safety risk, causes a financial loss or disrupts opperation of a business; A written correction action is needed. Losing a Zebra would cost Target money to replace it. In addition could give away proprietary information. I think if you lose a zebra, printer, RFID wond, pda or keys that a CA is justifiable. You dont have to sign anything or have it in a handbook just so long as the CA is justifiable. Of course if you dont agree with it you can always end your employment with Target.

From my experience with other jobs. If you do anything that is a safety risk, causes a financial loss or disrupts opperation of a business; A written correction action is needed. Losing a Zebra would cost Target money to replace it. In addition could give away proprietary information. I think if you lose a zebra, printer, RFID wond, pda or keys that a CA is justifiable. You dont have to sign anything or have it in a handbook just so long as the CA is justifiable. Of course if you dont agree with it you can always end your employment with Target.
I agree. Any retailers in business, this is a general rule. Simply put, don't like it, find another place of employment. It's straightforward and might come of as "Harsh". Such is life and being an adult.

Hey thanks for the replies. I was lost when the cashier asked me lol. They told me that they missplaced it and that it was found the next day. Thanks again

mama-2-this-poor-zebra-lost-its-mother-beacause-of-21111448.png

This is the first I've heard that losing a device means corrective action.

Equipment usage was pretty relaxed when I first started, no signing them out. Then came plain printer paper and instructions sign out devices on that but very very few actually did because plain printer paper.

Now we have actual logs for the equipment that everyone uses but I haven't heard TLs write anybody up for missing devices.

Keys on the other hand, I've seen TLs threaten immediate termination for losing any set of keys.

ETLs at my store gave a lecture on equipment responsibility when the zebras were put into circulation & stated that a lost/stolen zebra would be an automatic CA.
Then ETLs started picking up unattended zebras & locking them up.
If the offender didn't inquire about its whereabouts, they were hauled in & told that next time would be a CA.
My store don't play.

ETLs at my store gave a lecture on equipment responsibility when the zebras were put into circulation & stated that a lost/stolen zebra would be an automatic CA.
Then ETLs started picking up unattended zebras & locking them up.
If the offender didn't inquire about its whereabouts, they were hauled in & told that next time would be a CA.
My store don't play.
Love it

at our store we were threatened with termination, but honestly i think it'll just go straight to a final.

From what I gather, you will be put on final for losing a Zebra device?

Asants obviously but I notice ever since BTS results came out the company got hammered on the "I have the equipment to do my job" question. Our TPS is like a hawk making sure the equipment cabinet is locked and randomly auditing the sign out sheet.

We had one stolen off a caf vehicle at my old store and that tm was put on a final and rightfully so. Sign it out and don't lose it, If people can't do that im not sure they deserve to work here.

Last edited:
You sign it out, sign it back in. You don't and its lost or destroyed? - You get the CA for it.. More than possible its exactly what should happen. These things are a grand a piece.

We have two already missing. Logs and camera coverage have saved a couple asses.. And sent others down in flames..

at our store we were threatened with termination, but honestly i think it'll just go straight to a final.

Whoa, no wonder. It's automatic termination at my store. That's what I've heard the bosses say.

To be honest, I approve of stores being more strict about handing these out. They're more tempting eye candy to thieves than the MyDevices since these things actually look like technology and not just some disgusting, red, plastic, and bulky brick with the Spot logo on it.

Did anyone else not get holsters for the zebras, though? We have to either wear ours like a (ridiculous) watch, put it in a back pocket if it fits, or hide them in a vehicle if we need both hands. Holsters would be nice.

Did anyone else not get holsters for the zebras, though? We have to either wear ours like a (ridiculous) watch, put it in a back pocket if it fits, or hide them in a vehicle if we need both hands. Holsters would be nice.
There is a Redwire suggesting you order the old lpda cases. Screenshot_20170621-202512.jpg Obviously target negotiated price, but yes. Pda/lpda/devices made for business cost $1k easy.

They are definitely cracking down and upping the ante on device control. I've been talking up assigning each piece daily just like black Friday. 24 mydevices plus 11pda won't get us fast.

We got our Zebra devices today. Already had to confiscate three.. sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back