Corrective action months later?

Hello, I received a CA months later. To be exact it’s almost four months later. For NCNS, the thing is I call before the store is opened for my shift. I work early mornings , so since guest services is closed I text my store director or ETL. But in those three times it happened I texted my ETL/Now SD. I had a family thing going on and she didn’t even offer me LOA and understood what was going on as well. So now I have a CA that I received this week on something that happened last year. What should I do?

Hello, I received a CA months later. To be exact it’s almost four months later. For NCNS, the thing is I call before the store is opened for my shift. I work early mornings , so since guest services is closed I text my store director or ETL. But in those three times it happened I texted my ETL/Now SD. I had a family thing going on and she didn’t even offer me LOA and understood what was going on as well. So now I have a CA that I received this week on something that happened last year. What should I do?
Hmm I think to much time had passed and shouldn’t be valid. But I’m not sure .

That’s what I’m saying I’m not understanding how it’s still valid. Just doesn’t make sense. Is there a way I can get rid of it now or get it taken off? I’m just surprised they would do a TL like that.

That’s what I’m saying I’m not understanding how it’s still valid. Just doesn’t make sense. Is there a way I can get rid of it now or get it taken off? I’m just surprised they would do a TL like that.
So here is what I know for a fact one of my inbound had a ncns 90 days ago but because I didn’t deliver it in time it’s no longer valid . Luckily for me she just had a ncns this Friday and she has been late all week.

Literally after I told them I wanted to transfer I get this. It’s okay though.

😯, who did u piss off ?
Seriously, there is someone that wants you gone cause that is NOT valid ! If we don’t deliver the NCNS documentation on the very NEXT shift - we have to partner with ANY leader on to get it administered on the tm NEXT shift or we are told it is too late. HRBP must approve any term and I find it hard to believe they would approve a term for infraction that old. Unless some real shenanigans are going on and YOU will be told you are termed but the HRBP will be told you abandoned . If you WANT to stay, definitely get HRBP involved. But why would you want to stay where you are clearly not wanted ?
Make amends or give notice.

Do you have those old texts? In the future, you will need to call out the night before or call in the early AM pressing 9 for a leader. If you don't get a person, keep trying. Texts don't actually count for calling out. If you plan to stay with spot, you have to have better attendance.

Dust off the old resume. They either want you gone most likely or they want to keep you there and don't want hire somebody new to train mainly because of the pandemic. They most likely doing this because you wanted a transfer. Looking for something instead of Tarshit might be better.

Deffinitely a target now. They are playing the if you wont stay here you cant go anywhere game. Personally I would throw im your two weeks. Cut ties amicably. And if you wanted the other store bad enough reapply. Not saying you wont be marked unrehirable but that can be worked around by meeting with the new stores hr. Honestly though I would consider a new job.

The thing is I can’t quit rn. I’m in a tough spot. I live on my own so I have to pay rent etc. somehow. Also @DBZ ive even tried calling them, usually that’s what results into texting because they don’t answer. When I told them i wanted a transfer they seemed very aggravated the SD she said that now she has to put out a position for a TL and she doesn’t want to do that because for my area they’ve had 3 TL’s quit in that area. In the past year and a half.

The thing is I can’t quit rn. I’m in a tough spot. I live on my own so I have to pay rent etc. somehow. Also @DBZ ive even tried calling them, usually that’s what results into texting because they don’t answer. When I told them i wanted a transfer they seemed very aggravated the SD she said that now she has to put out a position for a TL and she doesn’t want to do that because for my area they’ve had 3 TL’s quit in that area. In the past year and a half.

You are being punished for her laziness. There are always people wanting to promote in store. They just don't have a favorite lined up.

Don't waste your time, they're out to fuck you over, don't you see that? Give 2 wks, work it out then GTFO. Good luck.
Apply ASAP at other retail stores who are hiring. The economy is becoming awful very quickly - but grocery and drug stores are hiring and will definitely want and value your Target experience. Target is not unlike other workplaces, all of which have some degree of tribalism: if somebody in leadership doesn't like something about you or the way you work or whatever, you'll frequently be performanced out since workplace leaders in our litigation-conscious public relations-conscious society will rarely tell you to your face and in writing their true intentions.

Only HR's write and submit conduct related CCA's. They approve all others - it's just that conduct based (NCNS) are written and issued by them - per available reporting. Store could had been behind (new HR, without HR?) and got caught up. No one is immune from these type of CCA's for fair and consistent reasons.

I would have a sitdown with the HR and inquire that you feel targeted and ask if anyone else was given a CCA for NCNS from so long ago. They can't tell you who else or how many b/c a CCA is a confidental corrective action. My inital gut is telling me the store CCA's were audited during an HRBP visit and post visit they audited attendance reporting and issued NCNS CCA's to all who had one on file. If this is not true then you are being targeted.

I guess things have changed, but at my store the cut off for delivering an attendance CCA was 90 days after the occurrence. If it wasn’t delivered during that window, the CCA was too old and couldn’t be delivered at all.

Back