Archived Could I come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love working at target, but i know there is no way i can get the summer off . Okay let me explain my grandma is getting really old, and we don't know how much time she has until...you know:(... My parents wanted me and my sister to be with her this summer, but i don't want to leave my target family! Is it possible to quit for the summer, and reapply/ be rehired for a seasonal position again, and maybe possible stay on board like I am now?

Thanks to anyone who can anwser!

does LOA mean leave of absence? If it does do you know how long they can usually be?

From what others have recounted here, some have taken leave for as much as a year.
Some were going to be out of the country, a couple were due to medical issues, some were leaving for college in another town.
Leave of absence allows you to remain in Target's system on an inactive status.
After you give your HR the details (start & end dates), they will want to hear back from you when your leave is coming to an end.

Thnk you so much for the help, I feel much better :). I have just one more question(sorry!), I have a ticket for June 10 when do you think i should inform them, I was thinking this Saturday or Sunday when I work

Sooner the better since they'll be looking at changing avails for the summer.

Thnk you so much for the help, I feel much better :). I have just one more question(sorry!), I have a ticket for June 10 when do you think i should inform them, I was thinking this Saturday or Sunday when I work
inform them asap.. I know someone i work with who told HR about her LOA for school about a month before. right now is a really good time. Not too far but not too close.

They'll be looking at students to open their avail while single parents will have to adjust to caretaker's schedules so you'll be letting them know that you won't be available during that time.
Good luck.

Would leave of absence count as vacation days because I recently used mine on spring break to visit

Another option that is sometimes considered is to transfer to a store by your Grandmother for the summer if you want to continue working. Both stores have to be willing to do it though.

I should ask the HR department correct? If there is no one from HR there(which there usually isn't,) Who should I ask?

P.S my ETL is on maternity leave -_-

Would leave of absence count as vacation days because I recently used mine on spring break to visit
You can still take vacations even if you don't have any vacation hours left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back