Archived coupon policy change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Policy

Target stores coupon policy
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
•Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
•We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
•Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
•All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
•Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
•Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
•We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
•All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
•These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, •Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).

Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
•We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
•We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.

Mobile Coupons:
•Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
•Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
•To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.

Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
•BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
•A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
•If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
•If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.

Returns:
•Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive coupon value returned in the form of a Target GiftCard.

Exclusions:
•Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
•We regularly monitor the Coupon Information Corporation (CIC) website for counterfeit coupons. We do not accept counterfeit coupons.
•We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
•Some items may not be available at all stores.
•We do not accept expired coupons.
•We do not accept Canadian coupons in our US stores.

I wish we were allowed to deny coupons from people when they hand them to us after we hit total and tell them how much they owe. Gets me so mad

What's the best way to do it? Put each coupon on each item so that they can be checked? Can coupons be scanned during the transaction? One day I'm going to start using them and just wanted to know.

The regulars (nice couponers) will often present their coupons as we ring the items up.
The scammers wait until everything is rung up & bagged before presenting their coupons, hoping that the cashier won't go through the bags to verify.
I used to dash their hopes pretty quickly.....

Our store limits the max of 4 manuf & 4 target per transaction per person/group/family per day (we've set it that strick due to these couponers)

What's the best way to do it? Put each coupon on each item so that they can be checked? Can coupons be scanned during the transaction? One day I'm going to start using them and just wanted to know.

Coupons should be scanned at the end of the transaction. Ideally, you should just scan and let the computer decide if the coupon is acceptable or not and only review the coupon if the register rejects it. But a quick glance at each coupon prior to scanning is a good idea--any significant problems with the coupon will likely jump out at you. If the register asks you if you want to accept the coupon, you should verify that it is an accurate match before accepting. Coupon scanners count on cashiers not wanting to bother with this.

Our store limits the max of 4 manuf & 4 target per transaction per person/group/family per day (we've set it that strick due to these couponers)

Our summer software update has this restriction in place for all stores--well its limited to 4 identical coupons per transaction, not 4 coupons total.

lol expired is a no brainer.... however I do get the occasional guest that begs me to let it slide because it was a day after.

But yeah it's crazy sometimes what I see when I am up front. I had one lady try to use $1 off coupons on 97 cent packs of arm and hammer toothpaste. If the transaction would have gone through, I would have been paying her money. I noticed something was up when stuff wasn't adding up right, however, I should have payed more attention as to why. Turns out the coupon stated a certain size, which the guest claimed we didn't have so that's why she got the smaller size. So after we denied her, she left cause she wasn't going to buy the larger size lol.

urghh....its cashiers like you that ruin it for so many of our customers, that scrutinize coupons....my target is really easy-going with the coupons, and we don't scrutinize them like so many other targets...i just wish that target as a whole would take it EASIER with using coupons..do you know that for all the legit manufacturer coupons Target redeems, 99.1% of them are reimbursed by the manufacturer?
SO YOUR TARGET WOULD HAVE GOTTEN CREDIT FOR THE COUPONS ANYWAY...*sigh* oh how many cashiers take this TOO SERIOUSLY.

We have a couple of women who come in and do this type of behavior. One particularly troublesome women used to come in on Saturday night and check out ten minutes before close. We think her motive was to pressure the cashier into accepting anything. My ETL finally told the woman that she was not allowed to come in and redeem her coupons like that right before we close. Haven't seen her at closing since.

BTW, we do have the right to limit quantities on a reasonable household amount. And we have done it a couple of times.

I agree with the notion that these people are hoarders at heart. I shudder to think what the insides of their homes look like.

Hi, I have been working at Target for about 5 years now, since I was 16 (old enough to get a job). I did so basically just to support myself through college (I am graduating this year) and found that the pay just wasn't that good. I really just want to quit now but don't really have the bravery to say anything to anyone. MY POINT IS....I have never checked a single coupon by a guest in my life -- unless of course the register refused to accept it -- and K1-ing wasn't an option. And I have encountered guests who use 100 of the same coupon in the same transaction -- and I still didn't look, not even then. I have been confronted rarely by the manager by this, but the older women cashiers often tell me I need to start paying more attention. Well, it's been 5 years and nothing at all has happened to my job. I am still an unhappy cashier, working for this greedy Target Co. who estranges their couponing customers.

AND I wish people like YOU would stop RUINING IT for COUPONERS -- YOUR JOB IS NOT AT RISK NO MATTER WHO TELLS YOU ****. who gives a **** if they're hoarders at heart -- if it doesn't affect you, let it go !! DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL IMPORTANT TO BE A CASHIER AND HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACT IMPORTANT BY DENYING COUPONS?? Okay. Thanks.

100 of the same coupon? Limit is four. The rest of our guests would like access to the products as well. Of course, this goes to show why you are still an unhappy cashier after 5 years. You may have gotten to do something else if they noticed you could think for yourself. There's a medium between letting things go and not being complicit in coupon fraud.

Hi, I have been working at Target for about 5 years now, since I was 16 (old enough to get a job). I did so basically just to support myself through college (I am graduating this year) and found that the pay just wasn't that good. I really just want to quit now but don't really have the bravery to say anything to anyone. MY POINT IS....I have never checked a single coupon by a guest in my life -- unless of course the register refused to accept it -- and K1-ing wasn't an option. And I have encountered guests who use 100 of the same coupon in the same transaction -- and I still didn't look, not even then. I have been confronted rarely by the manager by this, but the older women cashiers often tell me I need to start paying more attention. Well, it's been 5 years and nothing at all has happened to my job. I am still an unhappy cashier, working for this greedy Target Co. who estranges their couponing customers.

AND I wish people like YOU would stop RUINING IT for COUPONERS -- YOUR JOB IS NOT AT RISK NO MATTER WHO TELLS YOU ****. who gives a **** if they're hoarders at heart -- if it doesn't affect you, let it go !! DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL IMPORTANT TO BE A CASHIER AND HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACT IMPORTANT BY DENYING COUPONS?? Okay. Thanks.

Why are you so angry about this?

You should try and actually do your job and quit yelling at people you don't even know for actually doing theirs.

100 of the same coupon? Limit is four. The rest of our guests would like access to the products as well. Of course, this goes to show why you are still an unhappy cashier after 5 years. You may have gotten to do something else if they noticed you could think for yourself. There's a medium between letting things go and not being complicit in coupon fraud.

HA. Good one, something else to do while I'm working at Target that requires THOUGHT?? What, do you mean, putting items on the shelf? The 4-identical-coupon limit was put in this June, 2012...Before 6 months ago, guests could have 100 of the same coupon, and it wouldn't cause the fight you would put up. What the hell is wrong with redeeming as many coupons as items they have..?? And coupon fraud, oh good, you're one of the coupon police, aren't you, because you couldn't do anything else with your life except become a coupon-police Target cashier. Very productive. I plan to get out of here the moment I leave college. AND TARGET GETS PAID FOR THEM ALL. fuk off:)

Why yes, because I am important. Although I can understand why others, that are not important, would want to follow the rules.

HA. Good one, something else to do while I'm working at Target that requires THOUGHT?? What, do you mean, putting items on the shelf? The 4-identical-coupon limit was put in this June, 2012...Before 6 months ago, guests could have 100 of the same coupon, and it wouldn't cause the fight you would put up. What the hell is wrong with redeeming as many coupons as items they have..?? And coupon fraud, oh good, you're one of the coupon police, aren't you, because you couldn't do anything else with your life except become a coupon-police Target cashier. Very productive. I plan to get out of here the moment I leave college. AND TARGET GETS PAID FOR THEM ALL. fuk off:)

GSA or other such route would have been available.

Actually, I don't put up a "fight." If the guest has the product, I put the coupon through. If the guest doesn't, or the coupon is no good (for whatever reason), I don't. There's no fight to be had.

Sweetheart, I've been to college, I've had the coveted office job. I got laid off. I will be graduating with my master's this spring (completely different field) and plan to be on my way. Of course Spot is already making noise about wanting me to stay, though I have no interest.

All I do is the job that has been asked of me when I am at the registers. I'm sorry if that's too complicated for you.

Good point...no other reason to be so unhappy for people doing their jobs, as well as coming in and dredging up a very old thread for your first rantings. Probably googled her way to the thread and the forums.

Last edited:
Hey, Woodlevans2, are you one of the coupon scammers who *buys* 100 items with 100 coupons and then returns all 100 items without your receipt so that you get the full price of the 100 items? You are the one who makes it difficult for those housewives who are actually trying to budget to feed their families. You should be proud.

Yep...had the shaver scammer through my line last night. Limited him to four of each, wouldn't let him split up his transactions and really got after him when he tried to tell me how to accept the coupons. He knew I was on to him and shut his mouth pretty quick. I reported the amount that was on his gift card (he paid with it and I saw his balance) so the GSTL could let ap know. No person alive should have that much on a gift card...nor should they have the gift card attached to a lanyard on their neck because they do it so often.

We are getting to the point of giving people such a hassle about returning razors, toothbrushes, etc, even with the receipt (where you can see they've used the coupons) that they are beginning to give up on us. I don't know why coupons $10 and over can't be limited to one per guest per visit. Argh.

Woodlevans2 isn't even a damn TM. She's a pissed off extreme couponer that got caught trying to scam. She's made she couldn't get back the .03 change from that 1.00 coupon he was talking about.

I thought I heard my troll alert go off...

Gee, you'd think a 'college girl' would use something a little more original.
Probably why she's so bitter....

urghh....its cashiers like you that ruin it for so many of our customers,that scrutinize coupons....my target is really easy-going with the coupons, and we don't scrutinize them like so many other targets...i just wish that target as a whole would take it EASIER with using coupons..do you know that for all the legit manufacturer coupons Target redeems, 99.1% of them are reimbursed by the manufacturer?
SO YOUR TARGET WOULD HAVE GOTTEN CREDIT FOR THE COUPONS ANYWAY...*sigh* oh how many cashiers take this TOO SERIOUSLY.

After 5 years at target ,you still call our guests ,customers ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back