COVID-19 Prevention

With COVID-19 cases rising, what is your store doing to keep the team members safe?

Is your store taking team member's temperatures when they arrive?

Has your store stopped having daily huddles?

At my store, you will not find spray bottles and paper towels to wipe down the pin pads and surrounding area of the checkout, and guests are always pointing out that the hand sanitizers at the checkout are empty. Told our Leaders many times with no resolution, so I’ve given up saying anything. The only glove size we have for TMs is small so I go gloveless at checkout. We are still cleaning the carts and baskets.

I wish somebody would make our unload team wear a mask. They are in close proximity with all of us and don’t wear them at the time clocks either. It’s very annoying. If I can wear a mask unloading they can too.

I wish somebody would make our unload team wear a mask. They are in close proximity with all of us and don’t wear them at the time clocks either. It’s very annoying. If I can wear a mask unloading they can too.

I wish the “hotline” was truly anonymous. I know my punishment for calling and saying something would be worse than getting COVID.
I've been struggling with this and how to handle it as well. Last night just might have been the last straw, with a TM who I guess was on break at 9:00 pm walking around my department without his mask, talking it up with another TM - right in the area where I was zoning and moving fixtures around, of course.

Why can't people understand that just because they are a 20-something and will probably handle the 'rona just fine, many others are not? And we don't want your germs, you fucking tool. And why am I so afraid to say something, either to them or to leadership? I've never cried at this job before but I felt the tears stinging on my way out the door last night.

I’m sorry you feel that way. The guy next to me on the line was saying how sick he was yesterday with a fever. I tell him that its ridiculous that he’s at work and please wear his mask and stay away from me. His reply was for me to go home. It such BS that management sees them not wearing masks and knows his team member is sick. You would think the states that have a mask mandate as well would do something to protect others.

I wish the “hotline” was truly anonymous. I know my punishment for calling and saying something would be worse than getting COVID.

How is the hotline not anonymous?

Also, if you are punished for calling an anonymous hotline with legitimate concerns and issues, that is a lawsuit for retaliation. Companies can not provide an anonymous reporting and then track down the individual to retaliate against them.

I've been struggling with this and how to handle it as well. Last night just might have been the last straw, with a TM who I guess was on break at 9:00 pm walking around my department without his mask, talking it up with another TM - right in the area where I was zoning and moving fixtures around, of course.

Why can't people understand that just because they are a 20-something and will probably handle the 'rona just fine, many others are not? And we don't want your germs, you fucking tool. And why am I so afraid to say something, either to them or to leadership? I've never cried at this job before but I felt the tears stinging on my way out the door last night.

Either call the hotline and report everything or go public.

Have someone you know and trust report all the issues online for the world to see. For example, have a Facebook friend go on Target's Facebook page and that specific Target's Facebook page and let the world know.

Also, you could anonymous report the issues to your local news. The local news programs have anonymous reporting for viewers and are always doing human interest segments.

If the local news reports how unsafe a Target is, I would bet Target corporate will fix that problem immediately.

How is the hotline not anonymous?

Also, if you are punished for calling an anonymous hotline with legitimate concerns and issues, that is a lawsuit for retaliation. Companies can not provide an anonymous reporting and then track down the individual to retaliate against them.
The problem is you are first told to go to your store’s leadership (TL, ETL, ETL-HR, SD) before calling the hotline. If you do this, then call the hotline, management can deduce who called. This is especially true if you use the same words to describe the situation to both leadership and in the call.

Only call the hotline if, because of the situation, Target can be sued, fined, or be the brunt of EXTREME bad publicity. If it doesn’t amount to harm concerning those three areas, don’t bother calling the hotline. If you do call, use different words and phrases to describe the situation than you did with your leadership. Be sure you have witnesses and include yourself in that list of witnesses.

Got another one of those texts recently. This time though it’s tricky because the person who is positive is someone in another department’s SO. But the other department person came back negative. And when they said the doctor told them to stay home just in case their lead told them it would be a CA to call out that much. So much waived absentee policy.

Not a damn thing, not even the carts anymore and certainly no paper towels. Spot (corporate) says one thing and the local leadership ignores it completely... don't hold your breath for safety precautions getting better

Speak up for yourself. If you're not comfortable speaking to those not wearing a mask then take it to HR.

We still have someone to wipe the cooler doors and carts . Recently , wearing masks excluding break time was made mandatory for all TMs including TLs (better than before since this notice). Taking care of our own safety is the best we can do . I’m hoping that I’m not scheduled for Black Friday 😓

Either call the hotline and report everything or go public.

Have someone you know and trust report all the issues online for the world to see. For example, have a Facebook friend go on Target's Facebook page and that specific Target's Facebook page and let the world know.

Also, you could anonymous report the issues to your local news. The local news programs have anonymous reporting for viewers and are always doing human interest segments.

If the local news reports how unsafe a Target is, I would bet Target corporate will fix that problem immediately.
we had some one hitting people up on here for info on the hellscape that end to end/Store Modernization has become. A semi major news outlet published some photos and an article nothing changed.

I've seen ADA people talked into quitting because the HR lady did not think they could handle the changes end to end brought.

some one blathering on about what ever is not going to change what Brother Brian tells us to do or how we have to do what ever we can to kinda almost get through the day.

going to the press with out dead bodies on the ground will not change a thing other than your status as a team member. you will go from TM to guest in days if not hours.

-- EDIT --

quest to guest. at least it was spelled right

Last edited:
Back