COVID-19 Covid Cases Rising

After work, I realized I had a low grade fever so I called out today. I received multiple texts yesterday about store cases and my parents felt, I shouldn’t go in.

Our store have 8-9 cases since November. I’m pretty sure who the recent one is . That Tm is fulfillment and so would have roamed around every nook n corner of the store . 😐

I had someone ask me if we had to stay home is someone in our work group got sick because thats what they do at his workplace. I told him we have the "too bad so sad" policy. We would have to close the store down if we sent home everyone who was potentially infected. It did give me a much needed laugh.

Great, my sister went to a restaurant with a friend who she found out later tested positive for COVID. To make matters worse, my parents recently went to her apartment to help pack for a move. Just make this virus end already.

We were doing really good - only three cases during the whole thing, and then now we have four cases one after another
I figured Thanksgiving/Black Friday was gonna hit us, but I didn't think we'd get hit this hard

Does anyones stores do any type of cleaning protocol after someone test positive for Covid. Or any protocol in general for covid. I know my store does nothing, just wipe the cart handles, that's all.
Most of the deeper cleaning is done prior to store opening. Our cleaners are scheduled for 5 am. Special areas are supposed to be cleaning their areas throughout the day, though that may be less than ideal due to skeleton scheduling and a lot of guests.

are we all from the same store cuz we too have been getting similar at least once a day for the passed week

Great, my sister went to a restaurant with a friend who she found out later tested positive for COVID. To make matters worse, my parents recently went to her apartment to help pack for a move. Just make this virus end already.
Restaurants are sketchy af right now, as is anyone not in one's household.

One of my sisters has been dining out regularly and considers her entire circle of friends, as well as anyone they trust, part of her "bubble". Basically, she has no bubble, which is why me and my other sister won't be anywhere indoors with her. She just got back from her second trip to Salem this season. She follows the guidelines and believes that she is being careful, but she takes people on faith - I keep telling her two words: asymptomatic, presymptomatic.

Restaurants are sketchy af right now, as is anyone not in one's household.

One of my sisters has been dining out regularly and considers her entire circle of friends, as well as anyone they trust, part of her "bubble". Basically, she has no bubble, which is why me and my other sister won't be anywhere indoors with her. She just got back from her second trip to Salem this season. She follows the guidelines and believes that she is being careful, but she takes people on faith - I keep telling her two words: asymptomatic, presymptomatic.
Oh my god that’s exactly what happened. This restaurant my sister went to had bubbles too. No, your friend that you don’t live with isn’t in your bubble. Also, when her friend arrived at the restaurant, she asked my sister if she had an Advil cold and sinus because she wasn’t feeling well. You can’t make this stuff up!

Last edited:
Oh my god that’s exactly what happened. This restaurant my sister went to had bubbles too. No, your friend that you don’t live with isn’t in your bubble. Also, when her friend arrived at the restaurant, she asked my sister if she had an Advil cold and sinus because she wasn’t feeling well. You can’t make this stuff up!
Oh HELL no! If I was foolish enough to meet a friend at a restaurant in the first place, the second they told me they weren't feeling well I'd be out!

It's like people don't understand or don't want to accept what's going on in the world.

My store would not "allow" this. If you take a test, we aren't allowed to work until the negative result comes back.

That's how it should be
There's a difference between testing because you feel bad and preventative testing where you have no symptoms and no reason beyond stepping outside your house but you just want to make sure on a regular basis.

Does anyones stores do any type of cleaning protocol after someone test positive for Covid. Or any protocol in general for covid. I know my store does nothing, just wipe the cart handles, that's all.

I feel like we take cleaning more seriously than any other store in the district but we still get a positive case once every one or two weeks.

There's a difference between testing because you feel bad and preventative testing where you have no symptoms and no reason beyond stepping outside your house but you just want to make sure on a regular basis.

This is me. I have a standing weekly appointment at a testing site near me. Seems like every "out of an abundance of caution" message has the TM in on a day I worked, so it just seems prudent.

According to the text messages we gave gotten, there have been 15 cases of COVID at our store reported over the last two and half weeks. With the exception of one group of TMs that regularly hang out together outside of work and may have spread it between them, I don't believe anyone else contracted it at work. Our county has one of the highest rates of community spread in the country and a lot of our TMs live in multigenerational households. It only makes sense that as the numbers rise around us, some TMs are going to be infected.

Back