COVID-19 COVID return policy

DBZ

I know no returns till 4/16. A few exceptions are being made. What is the official requirement of what is to be done with that shit? I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it. I hope that date gets pushed out by a month though. I also hope they say no returns from paper/chem.

Thanks!

I know no returns till 4/16. A few exceptions are being made. What is the official requirement of what is to be done with that shit? I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it. I hope that date gets pushed out by a month though. I also hope they say no returns from paper/chem.

Thanks!
Exceptions should really not be made. I suppose if it must, I would probably override to toss unless it’s ESIM or CRC in which case process as normal.

Thanks!
I haven’t seen any returns from guest service but they do have mispicks from OPUs. Once the guest returns the mispicks, guest service ESIM bags the item and puts the return date & time. It’s suppose to be in the bag for 72 hours and then defected or returned to the floor.

Official rules are that if a return must be made and it is hard goods (think an unopened toy or electronic item, a lamp) it needs to be disinfected with TB cleaner or disinfecting wipes. If it is a style item or other food that cannot be disinfected by wiping it down, it must go into quarantine for no less than 3 days.

Return exemptions should be rare. I’ve approved a few, but only for broken items being exchanged (so it goes in trash/to CRC) or same day returns and even those must be disinfected.

Verbiage on Target.com:
Out of abundance of caution for both guests and team members, effective immediately, all returns and exchanges will be suspended between 3/26/20 to 4/16/20 (Exception: Recalls, SodaStream CO2 replacement carbonator purchases and mobile phones). The return policy will be extended three weeks from the receipt date for impacted purchases prior and during suspension period. If you have a return that expires during this time frame, we’re extending the return window by three weeks. Target.com purchases can be returned by mail using our online return center, sign in to your Target account to get started.

I took a call from the worlds most apologetic guest today. She started with saying she understood the no return policy right now and she fully supported it, but.. in her OPU we have her a shelf stable item from Consumables that expired in January. 🤦‍♀️ I was mortified on behalf of the entire store and apologized profusely to her. I explained to her whenever she felt comfortable coming to the store we would be happy to exchange the item for her. She was incredibly grateful and it was an overall great call with the worlds greatest guest. Needless to say when we hung up I had to call out on the walkie for pickers to make sure to check expiration dates. Everyone PLEASE check expiration dates!!

The only exception we've made that I know of is people returning gigantic items they cant fit in their car... i.e seasonal, baby furniture, or chairs.

I explained the return policy to a guest today and her response was "I don't want to return it I want to exchange it". I attempted to explain it again, then the etl nearby explained it.

I took a call from the worlds most apologetic guest today. She started with saying she understood the no return policy right now and she fully supported it, but.. in her OPU we have her a shelf stable item from Consumables that expired in January. 🤦‍♀️ I was mortified on behalf of the entire store and apologized profusely to her. I explained to her whenever she felt comfortable coming to the store we would be happy to exchange the item for her. She was incredibly grateful and it was an overall great call with the worlds greatest guest. Needless to say when we hung up I had to call out on the walkie for pickers to make sure to check expiration dates. Everyone PLEASE check expiration dates!!

Yeah, about that...it's not going to happen. We're slammed and have dozens of people from other departments picking. Market needs to step up there and check their dates. We're going to pick what's on the shelf. With our high churn through rate of market right now, outdated product shouldn't be a major issue. At my store, inbound is pushing most of market freeing up the market TMs to check dates, do pulls (which are much, much lower than usual), zone and audit. If the rare out of date item sneaks through, well that sucks. I'm having a difficult enough time getting everyone to put everything to hold properly so GSTMs can make sure people actually get what they ordered and nothing else. Date checking isn't going to happen.

This is something Target moved backwards on. I want to say it was back during the PDAs? It used to prompt us to ensure we were checking the date on items as we picked them.

Yeah, about that...it's not going to happen. We're slammed and have dozens of people from other departments picking. Market needs to step up there and check their dates. We're going to pick what's on the shelf. With our high churn through rate of market right now, outdated product shouldn't be a major issue. At my store, inbound is pushing most of market freeing up the market TMs to check dates, do pulls (which are much, much lower than usual), zone and audit. If the rare out of date item sneaks through, well that sucks. I'm having a difficult enough time getting everyone to put everything to hold properly so GSTMs can make sure people actually get what they ordered and nothing else. Date checking isn't going to happen.
Oh I’m helping plenty with both Flexies and ship, but I’ll still check the dates. There is no reason someone should buy horizon milk that’s on the shelf that expired in January. That falls on everyone who touched it.

We only accept items that haven't left the store yet. So if you realize you bought the wrong item or that it cost more than you thought before you wheeled it out the door, we will allow an exchange or return. Also (which I am against but don't make the rules) if a guest is especially confrontational just do it and then toss/defect it out. This type of rule is there to protect team members from guest who might become violent but it really just teaches them if they make a big enough stink about things, they will get what they want. Same applies for limits. If someone starts to throw a fit when you tell them about the limits we are just to let them have it.

We only accept items that haven't left the store yet. So if you realize you bought the wrong item or that it cost more than you thought before you wheeled it out the door, we will allow an exchange or return. Also (which I am against but don't make the rules) if a guest is especially confrontational just do it and then toss/defect it out. This type of rule is there to protect team members from guest who might become violent but it really just teaches them if they make a big enough stink about things, they will get what they want. Same applies for limits. If someone starts to throw a fit when you tell them about the limits we are just to let them have it.

Oh hell to the NO.. You are not walking out with handfuls of hand sanitizer just cause you throw a temper tantrum. We have been pretty iron fisted with that stuff. We have been much easier if you ask, or even just take the first thing of toilet paper out to the car and walk back in and grab another.

The returns I can kind of understand, I've been a broke bitch a lot, sometimes you need to return that thing so you have gas money. Yeah I know I can return it in a week, but I need gas now.. I so understand it from that angle. And a lot of people are out of work and trying to scrape every dime they can together right now. Why I have been telling everyone, you will get correct amount, keep your receipt we will make it right.

We are telling everyone at the registers BEFORE they buy anything (non-food purchases) to remember that returns are not happening for at least 2 more weeks, maybe longer...so keep that in mind just in case it doesn't fit, doesn't work, doesn't go with the room, etc.

Any word on whether there will be an extension beyond April 17th? It seems like we won't really see the feds and states start to normalize conditions (repeal the mandatory stay-at-home quarantines) until mid-to-late May. Each and every Target will need to learn procedures for sanitizing each and every product return unless it's in the "toss" category. My guess is if there's an extension of the COVID-19 no-returns-or-exchanges policy, the new deadline would be after the Memorial Day weekend.

Any word on whether there will be an extension beyond April 17th? It seems like we won't really see the feds and states start to normalize conditions (repeal the mandatory stay-at-home quarantines) until mid-to-late May. Each and every Target will need to learn procedures for sanitizing each and every product return unless it's in the "toss" category. My guess is if there's an extension of the COVID-19 no-returns-or-exchanges policy, the new deadline would be after the Memorial Day weekend.
nothing new to share yet on that. its still set for April 16th as of this writing. I personally dont think they will extend it but if they do they will probably wait until just a day or two before the 16th. everything is very fluid right now so they will be waiting as long as possible to make decisions like that.

part of picking is checking for obvious defects. expired food product is defective.

part of picking is checking for obvious defects. expired food product is defective.

We have had everyone from style picking orders. At one point yesterday 10 active OPU carts going. They ain't checking nothing. Leaving shit on the floor, scanning everything before they make sure they have a space to put the entire order. Ignoring our drive up vs pick up space, keeping drive up closer to the GS desk and pushing pick up to the main stock room on the green racks. They are throwing small bags in our steel locations "Cause it's so easy, I don't have to look for a space." As I am standing there with a case of sterilite crates.. <facepalm>

FYI the current freeze on returns and exchanges runs through and includes Thursday, April 16th.
Returns and exchanges will resume on Friday, April 17th unless Corporate notifies otherwise.

I can't see how any of the closings and restrictions will be lifted - things aren't really any better.

Back